Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Zurich…what sort of banter club is this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FC Zurich…what sort of banter club is this?

Bottom of the league
    Big players left…some on free transfers
    Don’t own their own ground
    Only rent it match by match and couldn’t for this game because it was pre booked for a track event
    Quite often games are unplayable because of concerts before hand damaging the pitch
    Game will played in St Gallen who are top of the league so guess their fans will join ours lol

This game is beyond perfect.

Nice opportunity to play both Matt Smith and Benjamin in midfield and get sone experience into them.

I’m going

Turner

Cedric
    Tommy
    Holding
    KT

White
    Smith

Marquinhos
    Vieira
    ESR

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Bottom of the league
    Only rent it match by match and couldn’t for this game because it was pre booked for a track event
    Quite often games are unplayable because of concerts before hand damaging the pitch
    Game will played in St Gallen who are top of the league so guess their fans will join ours lol

Nice opportunity to play both Matt Smith and Benjamin in midfield and get sone experience into them.

I’m going

Turner

Cedric
    Tommy
    Holding
    KT

White
    Smith

Marquinhos
    Vieira
    ESR

Eddie
    I thought ESR was broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Bottom of the league

I’m going

Turner

Cedric
    Tommy
    Holding
    KT

White
    Smith

Marquinhos
    Vieira
    ESR

Eddie
    We're going to get gubbed

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We're going to get gubbed
    Will Sir be trying any Swiss food tonight. Some chocolate perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Will Sir be trying any Swiss food tonight. Some chocolate perhaps?
    One eats the food of the country of the opposition on Champion's League nights, la -not for whatever Mickey Mouse competition this Thursday night nonsense is.*

*I'll go mental if we win it mind.

One eats the food of the country of the opposition on Champion's League nights, la -not for whatever Mickey Mouse competition this Thursday night nonsense is.*

I'll be honest, I've always thought it a slightly better competition than the CL, on the basis that we 'might' actually win it. Whereas the CL we 'won't' win

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'll be honest, I've always thought it a slightly better competition than the CL, on the basis that we 'might' actually win it. Whereas the CL we 'won't' win
    I quite like football on a Thursday night as well. Only one day to make it through to the weekend after. Not too crazy about Sunday games though.

Liverpool fan in my office isn't talking to me today for some reason

An excuse for a fondue, no? I always used ABC cheeses - Appenzeller, Beaufort and Comté. But in Paris, I couldn't find any Appenzeller in the supermarkets near by and was too tight to go and pay 2-3x the price by weight in a fromagerie. So I found another cheese beginning with A - Abondance, a semi-hard cheese from Haute-Savoie and made with lait cru.

Worked perfectly. And it's a nice cheese. After having used it in the fondue, and munched a couple of chunks while prepping, I liked it enough to buy some more when getting a selection of cheeses to go with the truffled saucisson sec and this rather nice Burgundy they sell in Nicholas at 20% off a lot of the time, so only €6.90.

Gave my mate a glass and asked him how much he thought it cost. He guessed €15 and was shocked when I told him. Even without the discount it would still have been under nine.

Just looked. Duc de Belmont. But now €9.50. But still great value for a quaffing Burgundy to go with a plate of meat and cheeses. Try one next time you're over there, C.

https://www.nicolas.com/en/Wines/DUC.../p/489603.html

I hope there is some sort of artificial pitch on offering too. that's awlays a good excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hope there is some sort of artificial pitch on offering too. that's awlays a good excuse.
    You are thinking of Youngs Boys, Pat. Again