Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: AMN out on loan. Torreira flogged for 6 mil. Now I thought Sambi looked good on Sat

AMN out on loan. Torreira flogged for 6 mil. Now I thought Sambi looked good on Sat

like he was at the start of last season when I thought we'd got a bargain for the future.

And I really hope he keeps playing like that and improving so like Eddie, everyone's happy with his role and place in the squad.

We büggered it up last year when our two FBs and TP5 got injured yet again. Zinny and Saliba mean we hae quality cover this year.

We saw that El-Neny could do a job as DM, so gave him a one year contract allowing us to spend elsewhere and then go big on a MF next summer as we get to the final pieces of the jigsaw.

But TP is injured again and Mo is out long term.

We don't get anyone on deadline day yet let AMN go on loan and we've flogged Lucas.

If we'd got a player like AMN on loan for a year, we'd have been happy. Likewise signed a Torreira quality player with PL experience for 6 mil.

This is what I don't understand. What am I missing?

I think you're missing the fact that Lokonga looked good on Wednesday not Saturday!

I was apprehensive about his selection but some of his passing was superb and he linked well with GX.

I am not sure we are the best at business. hopefully now a lot of the crap have gone we will do better.

Terminating players contacts, Edu only signs Brazilians and Portugeezers and Arteta takes City spares.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    I think you're missing the fact that Lokonga looked good on Wednesday not Saturday!

I was apprehensive about his selection but some of his passing was superb and he linked well with GX.
    Oh, yeah. It's mid-week. Sorry.

Yeah, I was a bit apprehensive cos I thought he was being earmarked to play in the no.8 role, not DM. But he did really well. In our half he kept it simple like Mo does. But when in their half, he played more creatively. Pretty much perfect, really.

If he keeps playing like that, I'll be chuffed. Like Eddie's run last season made MA happy with him as the 2nd choice CF, I think Sambi has the chance to be the first change MF. {Though if GX was injured and KT fit, then perhaps Zinny could play well with him.}

But Ganpati willing, this injury to Mo could allow Sambi to really kick on and cement his place in the squad.

It seems mentall to me that we've left our squad so short. What we have is good enough for a full on assult on the league but I can't get my head around starting regular first teamers against Clock Makers FC. The UEFA cup group stage should only by young prospects and fringe players that need the game time. With Martineli's injury record and considering he played every game it seemed insane to start him. This was a perfect game for Balogun. Yes he is blowing the French league apart but it makes no sense to me to have not kept him until the next transfer window and the group stage games are sorted out. That's 6 games. Plus we're only one injury or suspension to Jesus/Eddie away from where Balagon would be at least a key bench player.

Likewise with AMN. I believe we actually took up an option to extend his deal by a year before loaning him out. What was the point? When the Partey/Elneny situation came up along with failing to bring in the Villa fella no way should his loan have been allowed to go through.

Makes no sense to me either that these sort of deals can be seen as cost cutting measures. Not having first teamers playing in the UEFA cup and their bonuses that come with it is surely far better cost cutting? And of course you're not risking your assets against league 2 standard teams.

With the squad as it is now one first teamer i would consider starting in the UEFA cup would be Ben White. But only as a trial in CM to see what he can do there. I don't think he's elite at CB or RB. He's pretty good at both though without being better than Saliba or the Jap lad. If he could even pass as pretty good as a CM that could be a big plus for us. We only really need him to sit in there and keep the ball ticking over.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    It seems mentall to me that we've left our squad so short. What we have is good enough for a full on assult on the league but I can't get my head around starting regular first teamers against Clock Makers FC. The UEFA cup group stage should only by young prospects and fringe players that need the game time. With Martineli's injury record and considering he played every game it seemed insane to start him. This was a perfect game for Balogun. Yes he is blowing the French league apart but it makes no sense to me to have not kept him until the next transfer window and the group stage games are sorted out. That's 6 games. Plus we're only one injury or suspension to Jesus/Eddie away from where Balagon would be at least a key bench player.

Likewise with AMN. I believe we actually took up an option to extend his deal by a year before loaning him out. What was the point? When the Partey/Elneny situation came up along with failing to bring in the Villa fella no way should his loan have been allowed to go through.

Makes no sense to me either that these sort of deals can be seen as cost cutting measures. Not having first teamers playing in the UEFA cup and their bonuses that come with it is surely far better cost cutting? And of course you're not risking your assets against league 2 standard teams.

With the squad as it is now one first teamer i would consider starting in the UEFA cup would be Ben White. But only as a trial in CM to see what he can do there. I don't think he's elite at CB or RB. He's pretty good at both though without being better than Saliba or the Jap lad. If he could even pass as pretty good as a CM that could be a big plus for us. We only really need him to sit in there and keep the ball ticking over.
    I have no problem with Balogun being loaned out for a year. Look what that did for Saliba, and I think Nuno will benefit from a full season defending.

But we really should have kept AMN. The one game he started last year alongside Sambi in MF, AMN was man of the match. I also think he could play the inverted RB role MA wants - certainly better than Cedric. I'd have kept AMN and got rid of him.

I do think Ben White's good at both CH and RB. He's looked fine at RB this season and after the years of Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis, having White, Gabby and Saliba feels like O'Leary, Adams, Bould, Keown, Sol, Kolo.

We really should have kept AMN over Cedric, though.

To be fair Torreria wanted out at least 2 seasons ago. Seems like 3 years with the China flu.

Ainsley is just all washed up…he’s had so many chances…Unai, Allardyce, Arteta and Mourinho (I’m being fair to him by excluding Wenger because that was very early in his career. But the remainder are no mugs and they all seem to have an issue with him. Could probably add Southgate to the mix.

I’ve go no idea what his problem is…all the talent but just doesn’t seem to care. I feel it’s all down to him now.

The 1 year extension was just to hopefully squeeze Southampton for 5m at the end of the season.

I think the club have given up on him and moved on.

As for Youri and Douglas…I’m expecting both Leicester and Villa to come back to us cap in hand January begging us for something. Could be a smart piece of business especially with the games lost to the Queen and the November finish for the WC.