Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Constructive observations from Friday's game

Constructive observations from Friday's game

Firstly good win.

first 20 minutes we looked excellent.

Jesus will be good but he's going to be marked out of most of the games. The positive of this is they can't mark everyone oue the game so it will hopefully free up Saka or Martinelli

Odegaard needs to start shooting.

We did look a lot like we did last season for a while. the midfield worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Firstly good win.

Jesus will be good but he's going to be marked out of most of the games. The positive of this is they can't mark everyone oue the game so it will hopefully free up Saka or Martinelli

I can tell you now, not many sides will get 3 points at Palace. I'm very happy with that. +3 points vs last season, 5 goal swing from end of last season where they blew us away.
    That said, Ramsdale has already gained us 2 points with those saves

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I can tell you now, not many sides will get 3 points at Palace. I'm very happy with that. +3 points vs last season, 5 goal swing from end of last season where they blew us away.
    That said, Ramsdale has already gained us 2 points with those saves
    is it bad to say PV4 needs a new suit, and a pair of shoes?

is it bad to say PV4 needs a new suit, and a pair of shoes?
    He also has an almost perfectly round head, the years have not been kind

Firstly good win.

I would look at it the other way around, Pat. If Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli play the way they are capable of it will create opportunities for Jesus regardless of how he is being marked. And for the first time in many years we have a striker who can hold the ball up, create chances and stick them away.

We did that for 20 min on Friday and then seemed to stop. Palace were very physical and pressed higher up the pitch once we went ahead and I don't think we handled it very well. The front 3 should look to make more runs in behind when that happens and the midfield should be looking to play the balls into them. At least once Jesus got very frustrated because we weren't doing it.

Still as PSRB says, there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't bite your hand off for 2-0 away to Palace.

It was nice bringing on KT and a much more experienced Eddie.

Felt like two proper subs coming on for a change.

Only thing I could add that wasn’t mentioned before.

-

I think for a progress guide look at United. That was us when Unai took over.

Same sort of dead beat players who just don’t care. And then look at us now.

So fair play to Edu and Arteta…and Unai…someone needed to be first ie the first to tell the players no and start the process of kicking people out.

Speaking of United…they should get Ainsley…man they desperately need someone so why not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It was nice bringing on KT and a much more experienced Eddie.

Felt like two proper subs coming on for a change.

Only thing I could add that wasn’t mentioned before.

-

I think for a progress guide look at United. That was us when Unai took over.

Same sort of dead beat players who just don’t care. And then look at us now.

So fair play to Edu and Arteta…and Unai…someone needed to be first ie the first to tell the players no and start the process of kicking people out.

Speaking of United…they should get Ainsley…man they desperately need someone so why not him.
    United are in a whole heap of crap. They just don't have the pull they seem to think they do. Great piece on it in The Telegraph by Jason Burt