Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5m for LT, 8m for Leno. Better than paying them to leave, but I would have wanted a

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think Tielemans will come - not too sure if he is the right player but Mikel seems to want him
    I think it's already in the bag. Nobody else seems to be going in for him. 'accoring to reports'

Yeah - Edu said as much about Aubameyang, just a case of shifting him on. Thing is it hasn't seemed to be impinge on our ability to buy this summer so we can't really argue.

We should never have sold Titi, p
    I know he played at the Emirates but the move to the new stadium seemed to be an end of that team, shame we couldn't have had a couple of years with them in it.

That CL final was the end of them

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think it's already in the bag. Nobody else seems to be going in for him. 'accoring to reports'
    It's been an odd one - seemed to have personal terms sorted ages ago but haven't made a bid. Not too sure about signing Belgians though. Strange sorts

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What did you think of the Aubameyang deal LA? I thought it odd at the time but perhaps it was correct.

If there is one player we should have got more money for it was TH14.
    The joke was the years before we sold both Paddy and Titi for about 16m, we turned down 30m bids for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    The joke was the years before we sold both Paddy and Titi for about 16m, we turned down 30m bids for them.
    But we got the best from both players. I genuinely don't give a **** how much we sell players for. It's what they've done for Arsenal that counts. Didn't get a penny for Dennis or Tony Adams either

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And had we accepted those bids the Invincible season and the 2005 FA Cup might never have happened

If we sold players for their maximum value we'd be selling them in their prime, which doesn't really reconcile with winning trophies.

Paddy we sold at the exactly right time, Henry could still have helped us but I get the feeling he didn't want any more part of the youth project so we didn't have much choice.

Plus, he came back and scored *that* goal #iwasthereandpissedasarat

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And had we accepted those bids the Invincible season and the 2005 FA Cup might never have happened

If we sold players for their maximum value we'd be selling them in their prime, which doesn't really reconcile with winning trophies.

Paddy we sold at the exactly right time, Henry could still have helped us but I get the feeling he didn't want any more part of the youth project so we didn't have much choice.

Likewise If van Persie had remained fit we actually had a replacement for Titi ... Vieira was simply irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Paddy's bid was after the Invincibles, so it would have only cost us the 2005 FA Cup. And Titi's bid was after we lost the CL final. We had Cesc, Ade, RVP and Reyes. And got TR7 in '06. That extra £30m could have bought us a CM to play with Gilby and Cesc in a 3 man MF, and a better CH than Gallas.

Yes, I'd have rather we kept both of them forever. But we turned down 10m for Mhikki and then sold him for 1m a year later. I have no idea why AW forced PV4 out. Thought that was silly. We didn't switch to 4-3-3 until a few years later, but imagine if we'd had Gilby, PV and Cesc as a 3 man MF, Titi, Bobby P/Reyes and Freddie up front, with TR7 able to cover the MF or wings.

But we got the best from both players. I genuinely don't give a **** how much we sell players for. It's what they've done for Arsenal that counts. Didn't get a penny for Dennis or Tony Adams either
    In his autobiog, PV4 says he didn't understand why he was forced out. The year before, when RM had offered 30m, he says AW fought to keep him. But the next year, he's told AFC had received an offer and they didn't care whether he stayed or not. So he stropped out and then couldn't work out why he'd left the club.

As above, imagine if we'd switched to the 4-3-3 earlier, with Gilby, PV and Cesc in MF, with Titi {with RVP as backup} as the lone striker. Bobby and Reyes for the left wing, Freddie and TR7 for the right, with TR7 also able to cover 2 of the MF roles.

Dear Ganpati, imagine if we could get a squad with 9 options like those for the front 6. Reyes, RVP and TR7 as the 2nd choice front 3.

If only we could find a new PV4 who could play both as a 4 and an 8.

What's this new lad, Vieira 2.0 like?

We should make a cheeky bid for Ronaldo. We bid, Man Utd pay us a cool £7m and we offer him 50k a week.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM