Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, we're going to win the league then, yes?

So, we're going to win the league then, yes?

I mean, what could be more conclusive than a 4-0 pasting of Chelsea in a pre-season game?

Free money Tone, pile in mate

In admittedly limited viewing, Saliba looked class. Jesus is *exactly* the player we needed. The boy Lokonga looked awfully comfortable putting that header away. I read something about him looking better in the Xhaka role so maybe we don't need another midfielder. Honestly, I'm struggling to see any position where it would make sense to buy someone unless they are a younger player to be developed.

On the downside, Tierney is nowhere to be seen and Tomi has another one of those muscular injuries which seemed to keep him out forever.

My suspicions that AFTV is now in cahoots with the club is more or less confirmed now.

When will they start sending the £££ awimb's way. I can be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I mean, what could be more conclusive than a 4-0 pasting of Chelsea in a pre-season game?

In admittedly limited viewing, Saliba looked class. Jesus is *exactly* the player we needed. The boy Lokonga looked awfully comfortable putting that header away. I read something about him looking better in the Xhaka role so maybe we don't need another midfielder. Honestly, I'm struggling to see any position where it would make sense to buy someone unless they are a younger player to be developed.

On the downside, Tierney is nowhere to be seen and Tomi has another one of those muscular injuries which seemed to keep him out forever.
    Absolutely nailed on, WES. Shame about the full backs but I have a feeling White will slot in at right back to accommodate Saliba anyway. Only watched the first half but Xhaka was excellent - not sure Sambi could have been better. Another potential downside is lack of cover for Partey should something happen to him. Would also like another forward as we are heavily reliant on Jesus but there are limits on the squad so might have to be happy. Few outgoings and it looks like Tielemans will come in. We're all set

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Agree that Jesus is exactly the sort of Divinity-named prophet we need. Also Eddie as 2nd choice. When he broke into the first team a couple of years ago, and was given a run, he started to look like he deserved to be there. Now he's got his place in the squad and has signed his new contract, I'm more than happy with his role. He looked good at the end of last season, can drop deep and press and also looks happy playing alongside Jesus. That could be a useful plan B - Jesus, Saka RB etc.

I'd love Sambi to come good at no.8. If TP5 is injured, do we play Mo there? Or drop Xhaka to DM and play Sambi at 8 {or Zinchenko if KT's fit}?

I do worry about our two FBs. If everyone else is fit, we can play White at RB with Saliba in the middle and Zinchenko at LB.

But it's more the combination thing. Tommy and Saka started to look good together before the former was injured.And if KT and Gabby M can develop and understanding that would be a bonus. We really need two FBs who are fit most of the time so they can learn to play together. If AMN stays, see if he can do better than Cedric. But hopefully White and Zinny will give us better options.

I’ve only had one bet.

Gabriel Jesus 16/1 eachway 4 places

This will do for me.

Boyle sports are going 14/1 but with 6 places but I’m confident of a top 4 finish for Jesus.

We didn’t have a goal scorer like him last season and I’ve seen enough of him to know he’ll get a lot for us.

Got him at 25/1 outright topscorer , just before he signed....think he's gonna score loads for us 💪