Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tielemens

Tielemens

Surely if we were interested, we'd have done it by now?

If I was him, I'd be a bit miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Partey*

I am refering to his poor injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Partey*

I am refering to his poor injury record.
    Yes PV, that must be it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Yup. And tbf, an upgrade on Granit should have been the most important thing we did after strikers. {Saving a transfer fee on Eddie was helpful, and Ganpati willing, he'll prove an excellent and improving back up and plan B.}

We need a better MF more than another no.10 or a back-up LB.

In games where Partey played last year, our points/game stats would have got us 3rd. Without him, it's 5th.

I love Ramsdale and am so happy to have him, and I hope he's our GK for a decade and more. Likewise Ben White. But maybe Leno and Saliba and a£50-80m MF would have got us into the CL.

When we signed GX for £35m in 2016, we thought it was the DM we needed. After all, that sort of money got us Alexis and Ozil.

I think AW thought that having signed Arteta as a 10, then moving him to 8 when Santi came, and then 4 when Ozil came, he could buy an out and out deep-lying playmaker which would work when we kept possession. But that's when things went wrong for the club.

Yet at the start of the season, AW stuck with Coq and Santi. When asked why, he said it was about combinations.

Lucas Perez was given one game and discarded, so I don't think AW wanted to admit both his new striker and new MF were shît.

And while he's done ok in the more advanced role ahead of TP5, he can't do the creation and destruction of Partey or the creativity, goals and assists of a Santi.

If Partey is guilty, we could have ESR, Vieirra and Zinchenko on the bench with Mo and Granit in MF.

God willing, Jesus will create like Laca and finish like Auba at their bests.

But if our MF has gone backwards then it's not a clever move.

Hopefully, he's waiting to get Zin before going for a MF. But if not?

We have 3 £50m CHs for 2 positions. And 5 for the attacking 3 behind Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

But if Partey gets nicked and GX gets sent off, we'll have Mo, AMN and Sambi as the options for MF.

Maybe Torreira will stay. But we do need an upgrade on GX for the new system.