Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things are pretty sad these days

things are pretty sad these days

rather than be excited about chasing premier league trophies.

Our fans on twitter jizz all over Odegaard doing some skills in training

They are professional footballers so it's not surprising they can do this sort of thing.

This all started with Ozil and the jizzfest of assists. who let's face it wasn't that good for us. When a players greatness needs to be explained to me I am always suspicous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    rather than be excited about chasing premier league trophies.

Our fans on twitter jizz all over Odegaard doing some skills in training

They are professional footballers so it's not surprising they can do this sort of thing.

This all started with Ozil and the jizzfest of assists. who let's face it wasn't that good for us. When a players greatness needs to be explained to me I am always suspicous.
    If you need Özil's greatness for you, you probably should get another hobby, p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If you need Özil's greatness for you, you probably should get another hobby, p
    clearly extremely talented. But often when he was poor he was excused by our fan base.

most of our current squad are protected by the fans. Apart from Pepe because it goes against Arteta's view on him if you question him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    clearly extremely talented. But often when he was poor he was excused by our fan base.

most of our current squad are protected by the fans. Apart from Pepe because it goes against Arteta's view on him if you question him.
    You might want to check out how many chances Özil created - to suggest he was poor (apart from the last season or so) is ridiculous. He did his job brilliantly

Arsenal on Reddit is pure cringe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/

Someone posted a video of tippy tappy passing for a goal and said - if so someone asks you why you started supporting Arsenal this is what you show them.

You can usually identify these idiots when they start discussing positions and they use fifa references like - we need a CdM or we need a no8 or “partey isn’t really a no4 he’s more like 7 or a 8”

You might want to check out how many chances Özil created - to suggest he was poor (apart from the last season or so) is ridiculous. He did his job brilliantly
    Yup. Even I can see that, FFS. That game when him, Alexis and Santi ripped ManU to shreds 3-0. That goal where he left 2 of them on their arses. The flicked, kung-fu volley to put OG through. The fact that he had something like 17 assists by new year despite not having a pacy CF who'd have been even better with through-balls. {Though OG's ability in the air at set pieces did make up for it.}

I liked Ozil. He did those flicks and passes that made me happy.Can't really remember many last season. Laca had 3 assists in a 3 nil which contained at least one nice flick - might have been 2 or 3.

Don't remember any eye of the needle passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yup. Even I can see that, FFS. That game when him, Alexis and Santi ripped ManU to shreds 3-0. That goal where he left 2 of them on their arses. The flicked, kung-fu volley to put OG through. The fact that he had something like 17 assists by new year despite not having a pacy CF who'd have been even better with through-balls. {Though OG's ability in the air at set pieces did make up for it.}

I liked Ozil. He did those flicks and passes that made me happy.Can't really remember many last season. Laca had 3 assists in a 3 nil which contained at least one nice flick - might have been 2 or 3.

Don't remember any eye of the needle passes.
    Yes but sadly for Mesut there's more to playing football than fliicks and eye of the needle passes. You may have noticed GG that consecutive managers had no place for him in the team and Unai seems to be doing rather well now, as is Arteta in my view.

Meanwhile, Mesut is trying to find a job in whichever Turkish team is desperate enough to offer him one. Sort of like Aaron Ramsey.

No one would deny Ozil's talent, but it's ridiculous to suggest there weren't issues with him. If there hadn't been he'd still be with us, or more likely still with Real Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes but sadly for Mesut there's more to playing football than fliicks and eye of the needle passes. You may have noticed GG that consecutive managers had no place for him in the team and Unai seems to be doing rather well now, as is Arteta in my view.

Meanwhile, Mesut is trying to find a job in whichever Turkish team is desperate enough to offer him one. Sort of like Aaron Ramsey.

No one would deny Ozil's talent, but it's ridiculous to suggest there weren't issues with him. If there hadn't been he'd still be with us, or more likely still with Real Madrid.
    I mean what a ridiculous thing to say - Özil created chance after chance after chance (stats back it up but I wouldn't want to bore you). ie he actually did his ****ing job. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. Yes it ended badly and different managers have different ideas but he was undoubtedly a success for the first few seasons

I mean what a ridiculous thing to say - Özil created chance after chance after chance (stats back it up but I wouldn't want to bore you). ie he actually did his ****ing job. To suggest otherwise is just wrong. Yes it ended badly and different managers have different ideas but he was undoubtedly a success for the first few seasons
    Yes, and lots of those chances came from flicks and perfectly-weighted passes, often with him giving the eyes one way before passing it the other.

Basically, it went wrong when Santi got injured and Alexis was swapped with Mhikki so the other two he played triangles with weren't there.

If we could have signed Auba at the start of that season instead of Laca {thus keeping OG as plan B} then we'd have played better at the start of that year and might have kept Alexis. If Santi hadn't been deaded we'd have been close to a decent team.

But imagine how many Ozil could have made with Auba to chase his through balls as well as OG to head in his set pieces.

Which is the ridiculous part, exactly? The fact that there is more to football than flicks? Or that you can't deny his talent? Or that there were issues with him?

I'm struggling to see where anything I posted is contradicted by anything you posted.

He did what was asked of him under Wenger, under different managers who asked him to play in a different way he clearly struggled.

but are you actually saying that no one could possibly deny his greatness despite the fact that Madrid sold him to us and that neither Emery or Arteta wanted him in the team? And that he's currently struggling to find a team in Turkey that will take him despite the fact that he's only 33 years old? Does that *really* sound like someone who's greatness cannot be denied?