Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The lead is now 300

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The change had to come - we have a year to calm down. maybe even Stokes can learn not to try to hit every ball for six by next summer
    You mean the Stokes who scored 2 or 3 off 40 balls the eve before the Headingley miracle? The Stokes who has one of the two best forward defensives in the team?

Oh, you mean if the new Bazball Stokes can be sure that the team now get the script and he play with a mix of sense an aggression like he used to?

But yes, this is a bit un-English winning like this.

I remember 4 test series where both KP and Bell scored 2 Daddy tons each. Bit in 4 tests, YJB and Root have 3 eat, and an unbeaten 70/80 in a run-chase. If Pope had scored fewer or NZ more, that would be 4 in 4 for both.

PS Lees - yea or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You mean the Stokes who scored 2 or 3 off 40 balls the eve before the Headingley miracle? The Stokes who has one of the two best forward defensives in the team?

Oh, you mean if the new Bazball Stokes can be sure that the team now get the script and he play with a mix of sense an aggression like he used to?

But yes, this is a bit un-English winning like this.

I remember 4 test series where both KP and Bell scored 2 Daddy tons each. Bit in 4 tests, YJB and Root have 3 eat, and an unbeaten 70/80 in a run-chase. If Pope had scored fewer or NZ more, that would be 4 in 4 for both.

PS Lees - yea or nay?
    Was specifically referring to the Stokes of this summer - I think he has a superb technique normally.

I like Lees - definitely worth a run for the rest of the summer. Not many options out there that haven't been tried

We're actually quite good at this game.

On our day ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Tell you what…if India come out bowling sloppy then England have a squeak.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We're actually quite good at this game.

On our day ..
    We've all had our day, red

Yep. All washed up now, as the man says

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We've all had our day, red
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."