Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Belgian, Headgear and Norwegian Gooner

It's eight years ago that Headgear descended into madness and started banning for ridiculous reasons. The whole modd saga was the trigger. Whether he was a spoof or not was irrelevant - he was polluting the board with his facile drivel - but Headgear decided to be his protector.

It's curious to look at SIMB now. Most of the same members still there, pretty much the same format, and still very lively every day. We are like the last remaining soaks refusing to leave the bar in a defunct old nightclub long after the staff and performers have all gone home

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It's eight years ago that Headgear descended into madness and started banning for ridiculous reasons. The whole modd saga was the trigger. Whether he was a spoof or not was irrelevant - he was polluting the board with his facile drivel - but Headgear decided to be his protector.

It's curious to look at SIMB now. Most of the same members still there, pretty much the same format, and still very lively every day. We are like the last remaining soaks refusing to leave the bar in a defunct old nightclub long after the staff and performers have all gone home
    Maybe AWIMBers just grew up and realised that spending your life on an internet board was sort of pathetic, Herb.

Spurs supporters relish being pathetic

And to be clear, I'm rarely on here

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Maybe AWIMBers just grew up and realised that spending your life on an internet board was sort of pathetic, Herb.

Spurs supporters relish being pathetic

And to be clear, I'm rarely on here
    I think this place could still work, but it's desperately in need of a refresh

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think this place could still work, but it's desperately in need of a refresh
    A freshen up technically or just some new blood? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    A freshen up technically or just some new blood? Or both?
    Well I think a technical refresh would bring in fresh blood. Too many adverts, outdated and the Footymad posts don't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Gooner View Post
    No I am in DK, in Copenhagen
    Nice
    Daughter was in Groningen for 6 years, moved to Oslo back in January. Went over end May. Lovely city. Expensive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post

Are you suggesting I would be the last person left in a pub, h? I moved to a country with grown-up licensing laws to avoid that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    Nice
    Daughter was in Groningen for 6 years, moved to Oslo back in January. Went over end May. Lovely city. Expensive!!
    Yeah, Oslo must be the most expensive capital In Europe....but nice to live I suppose

We still don’t know if modd was real.

Basically the person running the account helped destroy the place then left promptly afterwards.

Pretty sure it was an invention…the whole persona was just too real to be true.

Who was behind it? Well…that’s another question.

I knew he was a fake because he once posted and completely forgot to

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    We still don’t know if modd was real.

Basically the person running the account helped destroy the place then left promptly afterwards.

Pretty sure it was an invention…the whole persona was just too real to be true.

Who was behind it? Well…that’s another question.
    use his imbecile persona.