Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Raphinha

Raphinha

I'm not getting hard for this transfer at all. Seems like an utterly pointless signing to me. The only way it makes any sort of sense is if behind the scenes Saka is refusing to sign a new contract and wants out. It's now or never if we're going to sell him and bring in the monster money. Next year he'll be down to his last year of his contact.

He was more productive last year than Grealish ever was and is younger so he's certainly worth 100m at least. Even at that it wouldn't be worth it to then spunk 70m on this Raphinha fella. It was only a few months ago Martineli wiped the floor with him while he had to be subbed off.

It's a strange window so far. Going into the window the best part of the team was the nucleus of Saka/Martineli/ESR/Ode. The way we play they can't all play at once anyway. So now we've added Vieira to that mix. Who seems to be a combination of Ode/Saka. So it's more congestion in there. Not to mention that Marquinhos fella brought in that looks another Saka style player. He's not a mere youth product. He's come in as a 19 year old with 40 odd games under his belt and signed for several million. Where is he supposed to get games at this rate?

I like the Vieira signing though. He genuinely looks like one of the best young prospects in his position. Could be a new Carzola. so it makes sense to snatch him if possible before out of our range.

Gabriel Jesus. Another odd choice considering what we have. He's not a central forward. He plays on the left cutting in. By all accounts we're gonna try him down the middle. Seems a lot of pointless reinventing the wheel craic to me.

This window has shades of the previous window where we finished the season with a brilliant showing from the cb's only to then dump one and bring in a short arse ball playing one while bringing in a brilliant right back yet somehow make our defence much worse. Conceded 9 more goals.

In conclusion. Raphinha - meh.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

To be honest, i'd rather try to reinvent the wheel than try to play last season's football the next season.

If you follow me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I'm not getting hard for this transfer at all. Seems like an utterly pointless signing to me. The only way it makes any sort of sense is if behind the scenes Saka is refusing to sign a new contract and wants out. It's now or never if we're going to sell him and bring in the monster money. Next year he'll be down to his last year of his contact.

He was more productive last year than Grealish ever was and is younger so he's certainly worth 100m at least. Even at that it wouldn't be worth it to then spunk 70m on this Raphinha fella. It was only a few months ago Martineli wiped the floor with him while he had to be subbed off.

It's a strange window so far. Going into the window the best part of the team was the nucleus of Saka/Martineli/ESR/Ode. The way we play they can't all play at once anyway. So now we've added Vieira to that mix. Who seems to be a combination of Ode/Saka. So it's more congestion in there. Not to mention that Marquinhos fella brought in that looks another Saka style player. He's not a mere youth product. He's come in as a 19 year old with 40 odd games under his belt and signed for several million. Where is he supposed to get games at this rate?

I like the Vieira signing though. He genuinely looks like one of the best young prospects in his position. Could be a new Carzola. so it makes sense to snatch him if possible before out of our range.

Gabriel Jesus. Another odd choice considering what we have. He's not a central forward. He plays on the left cutting in. By all accounts we're gonna try him down the middle. Seems a lot of pointless reinventing the wheel craic to me.

This window has shades of the previous window where we finished the season with a brilliant showing from the cb's only to then dump one and bring in a short arse ball playing one while bringing in a brilliant right back yet somehow make our defence much worse. Conceded 9 more goals.

In conclusion. Raphinha - meh.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    To be honest, i'd rather try to reinvent the wheel than try to play last season's football the next season.

If you follow me.

We need all the players we can get next season, with double if not triple redundancies:

1) Europa with a real desire to win it as that's our CL joker card to get in.

2) FA Cup and Milk Cup

3) The pressing style Arteta wants to play

Given the injuries that will inevitably be sustained I have a hard time believing that any of these guys will be lacking in playing time. You can only buy the players that are in the window, so given that we have the money I say buy what you can and let it sort itself out. As for Saka I say lock him up now for a new 5 year deal.

I NEVER WANT TO SEE XHAKA AT LEFT BACK AGAIN

sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Seems like he’s going to Chelsea now so at least we can get back on track with plugging all the holes in the team.

I agree with Chief on the Europa…watching Rangers vs Frankfurt was painful. Want to win it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    We need all the players we can get next season, with double if not triple redundancies:

1) Europa with a real desire to win it as that's our CL joker card to get in.

2) FA Cup and Milk Cup

3) The pressing style Arteta wants to play

Given the injuries that will inevitably be sustained I have a hard time believing that any of these guys will be lacking in playing time. You can only buy the players that are in the window, so given that we have the money I say buy what you can and let it sort itself out. As for Saka I say lock him up now for a new 5 year deal.

I NEVER WANT TO SEE XHAKA AT LEFT BACK AGAIN

sorry, got a bit carried away there.
    We still haven't managed to get Pepe off the books whose an option in there. Tbh it will be a monumental struggle to get 20m for him. I suspect he'll be another one who ends up leaving for free in 2 years time. On the plus side he's a beast at UEFA cup level so you'd expect him to be of use next season assuming no one else comes in in that position.

Reiss Nelson. There's another one. If we can't get a 5m deal for him I say we'll cope just using him as squad filler for the UEFA cup. It wasn't that long ago he was rated higher than ESR, Saka and Edward. He's well able to do a job at that level.

That Flo Balagun fella too. He could explode in the UEFA cup. We've already seen him score a double i think against some mickey mouse Irish team i believe as a sub. He's good enough to start all the group stage games I think. So we're not short as things stand of attackers that can sort of play on the wing of a 3.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM