Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If we have another window where we don't buy a Xhaka upgrade, I'm gonna support the

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Cheers. Sensible as ever.

FTR, I always thought a 9 was the no.1 priority and am happy with Jesus. {Dunno much but he's mid-age, won things with City and he's a Brazilian called Gabriel. I'd be more up for Raphinia if he was a Gabby, too.}

Is there not a Santi out there? He could defend as well as create. And he was a midget no.10. And he was the inly midget no.10 in history who could play 1-2s with himself while smiling all the time. I loved him.

Btw, where does this Viera fit in? With ESR that means at least two top players out of the starting line up.

And why are we being linked with a 5'9" CH?

Partey gets injured {as he will} and GX gets one of his red cards {as he does} at the same time, and it's a very expensive bench with Mo and Sambi in MF.
    Whole point - Santi was a one off. Wish we could find another player like him. No idea about this Vieira though. I'll be honest, I had never heard of him before we suddenly signed him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do from what I have read though. We certainly need another body in midfield (and without wishing to upset Red) I can see this Martinez stepping in there if we were to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Whole point - Santi was a one off. Wish we could find another player like him. No idea about this Vieira though. I'll be honest, I had never heard of him before we suddenly signed him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do from what I have read though. We certainly need another body in midfield (and without wishing to upset Red) I can see this Martinez stepping in there if we were to sign him
    So Martinez is a small DM. Bit like Torreira but more expensive. And I thought LT11 was fine until Dick Emery played him as a no.10.

If we can't sign a MF, bring LT and AMN back and see if one of them can step up and make the place their own.

What people forget about the invincibles is that we had two giant MFs. That meant 2 more headers of the ball at corners, both attacking and defending. {Olly G was one of the best at defending corners, btw.}

But having two big MFs who are good at heading as well as the tackling, running, passing bit was vital to that team.

That African Palace are linked with sounds interesting.