Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we have another window where we don't buy a Xhaka upgrade, I'm gonna support the

You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Been touting White for dm for some time, t. Like your thinking
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You two always do that.

Basically any centre-back we have who can trap the ball; You Two: "Play him in midfield!"

It's a curse, I tell you! Vermaelen :shudder:
    As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half

As a wise man once said (well, Sir C), Thomas was a very good footballer, just not a very good centre half
    Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did I really say that, la? It’s rather good!
    On many occasions. You may have been drunk at the times

Could it have been after that 6-2 home win against Blackburn {?????} Were 0-1 and 1-2 down. Their second was totally TV5's fault. So he picked the ball up in MF steamed forward and lashed it home from 30 yards. I really enjoyed that game. Nikki B's first touch for the final goal.

Anyway, LA. You're the won with the football brain. Am I wrong to bemoan us not prioritising a CM partner for Partey?

Isn't this like when AW had Almunia in goal and decided "we only have 5 midget no.10s so I'll buy another 2 or 3 this window."*

Or GG {him, not me} saying "We have Hillier and Selley in MF but we really need even more CHs."

*FTR, I loved AW's midget no.10s team. Imagine putting Santi {or Cesc or TR7} between Partey and Odin.

I'll be brutally honest la. I have been known to take a drink.

How are things in Muenchen these days? You must be in line for German citizenship soon - or will you remain a permanent Gastarbeiter, like a sort of literate Pauline?

How are things in Muenchen these days? You must be in line for German citizenship soon - or will you remain a permanent Gastarbeiter, like a sort of literate Pauline?
    Well if bloody psychos like you hadn't dragged us out of the EU, it wouldn't have mattered. We were all citizens of Greater Europea. Have you tried getting a plasterer since you lot fecked all the poles off back to Poland? The English wons want £700 a day and a crack at your missus.

What have you done Sir C, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well if bloody psychos like you hadn't dragged us out of the EU, it wouldn't have mattered. We were all citizens of Greater Europea. Have you tried getting a plasterer since you lot fecked all the poles off back to Poland? The English wons want £700 a day and a crack at your missus.

What have you done Sir C, what have you done?
    It wasn’t me h. I always said my heart pushed me towards Brexit, but logically it made no sense to vote for it without a proper plan for the aftermath.

I do qualify for residency but I went down the Irish passport route (I also have the British "exemption" til 2027). All is good here - the sun is out and the beer is still cheaper than London.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Anyway, LA. You're the won with the football brain. Am I wrong to bemoan us not prioritising a CM partner for Partey?

Isn't this like when AW had Almunia in goal and decided "we only have 5 midget no.10s so I'll buy another 2 or 3 this window."*

Or GG {him, not me} saying "We have Hillier and Selley in MF but we really need even more CHs."

*FTR, I loved AW's midget no.10s team. Imagine putting Santi {or Cesc or TR7} between Partey and Odin.
    I don't think you are wrong to believe we can upgrade on Xhaka but don't think it is as easy or as necessary as you think. For one thing the way Arteta wants to set up means we don't play with a central two or an orthodox number 10. With Odegaard inked in on the right, in the lefthand roleWe need a player who can be both creative and defensively sound - which Xhaka can be, for all his faults. He is also a presence on the pitch. I don't think players like to play against him. In short, yes there are better players out there but not that many that fill the type of player we need. And the striker was definitely the priority. I have faith in Jesus