Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we have another window where we don't buy a Xhaka upgrade, I'm gonna support the

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I do qualify for residency but I went down the Irish passport route (I also have the British "exemption" til 2027). All is good here - the sun is out and the beer is still cheaper than London.
    It's ******* freezing in Manchester!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's ******* freezing in Manchester!
    I was actually back in the UK for about a month until last week. Weather was lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It wasn’t me h. I always said my heart pushed me towards Brexit, but logically it made no sense to vote for it without a proper plan for the aftermath.
    I'm just joshing you Sir C .. It was worth it to regain control of our borders at least .. remember when thousands of dark folk would just pour across the Channel and deposit themselves here? We don't want those days back do we.

So difficult to tell for sure, isn't it.

But the whole point of being a decent footballer was, IN FACT, to be a decent centre-half, in his case. Otherwise how would we know?! That he was a decent footballer, I mean.

I need more beer.

On many occasions. You may have been drunk at the times
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

There's nowt wrong wi' dark folk, imo. Excellent fellows, those; stalwart, honest, stolid, wholesome and true.

Anyway, one or two of them are.

So I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm just joshing you Sir C .. It was worth it to regain control of our borders at least .. remember when thousands of dark folk would just pour across the Channel and deposit themselves here? We don't want those days back do we.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I don't think you are wrong to believe we can upgrade on Xhaka but don't think it is as easy or as necessary as you think. For one thing the way Arteta wants to set up means we don't play with a central two or an orthodox number 10. With Odegaard inked in on the right, in the lefthand roleWe need a player who can be both creative and defensively sound - which Xhaka can be, for all his faults. He is also a presence on the pitch. I don't think players like to play against him. In short, yes there are better players out there but not that many that fill the type of player we need. And the striker was definitely the priority. I have faith in Jesus
    Cheers. Sensible as ever.

FTR, I always thought a 9 was the no.1 priority and am happy with Jesus. {Dunno much but he's mid-age, won things with City and he's a Brazilian called Gabriel. I'd be more up for Raphinia if he was a Gabby, too.}

Is there not a Santi out there? He could defend as well as create. And he was a midget no.10. And he was the inly midget no.10 in history who could play 1-2s with himself while smiling all the time. I loved him.

Btw, where does this Viera fit in? With ESR that means at least two top players out of the starting line up.

And why are we being linked with a 5'9" CH?

Partey gets injured {as he will} and GX gets one of his red cards {as he does} at the same time, and it's a very expensive bench with Mo and Sambi in MF.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    So difficult to tell for sure, isn't it.

But the whole point of being a decent footballer was, IN FACT, to be a decent centre-half, in his case. Otherwise how would we know?! That he was a decent footballer, I mean.

I need more beer.
    See above. Those games where he was at fault for goals and made up for it by picking the ball up near half way, surging forward, skipping past a couple of the other lot and then smashing it into the top corner from 30 yards.

That takes football skill.

I think I saw that Luiz hit decent cross-field passes once or twice. Hated him as a defender, mind.

I don't think you are wrong to believe we can upgrade on Xhaka but don't think it is as easy or as necessary as you think. For one thing the way Arteta wants to set up means we don't play with a central two or an orthodox number 10. With Odegaard inked in on the right, in the lefthand roleWe need a player who can be both creative and defensively sound - which Xhaka can be, for all his faults. He is also a presence on the pitch. I don't think players like to play against him. In short, yes there are better players out there but not that many that fill the type of player we need. And the striker was definitely the priority. I have faith in Jesus
    I have faith in Jesus too. Reckon he'll get on the end of a few crosses. Nailed on imo.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There's nowt wrong wi' dark folk, imo. Excellent fellows, those; stalwart, honest, stolid, wholesome and true.

Anyway, one or two of them are.

So I gather.
    There's a world of difference between black people like us Red, and mere dark (brown) folk. We possess all the qualities you mention, in addition to being splendid dancers, but brown chaps tend to be duplicitous, shiftless and lazy. And let's not forget our enormous talent for doing that rather aggressive, talky singing thing... called "Wrap" I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    There's a world of difference between black people like us Red, and mere dark (brown) folk. We possess all the qualities you mention, in addition to being splendid dancers, but brown chaps tend to be duplicitous, shiftless and lazy. And let's not forget our enormous talent for doing that rather aggressive, talky singing thing... called "Wrap" I believe.

As long as they're not honkies from connecticut that's the main thing.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM