Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
I believe as they season progresses this team will evolve with Saliba forcing his way in next to Gabriel and Ben White moving into the defensive midfield…a role he excelled at in the past for other clubs.

Odegaard has the 2nd midfield slot so it leaves Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, Elneny and Patino fighting it out for the final spot.

Tileamans would be the obvious player for the final 3rd position ie Odegaard-White-Tileamans but let’s see if they complete that deal.

My tip is Sambi…2nd season and will have loads of improvement in him as he tries to break into the Belgium WC squad.

But Saliba at the back and White in DM will explain a lot ie

Why we’re not signing a DM

Why we were happy to bypass Bissouma for £25m

Why we’re signing another CH ie Argentinian guy…lol he isn’t coming to wait for Tierney to get injured.

Fits in with Arteta’s tippy tappy possession football philosophy

Convinces Saliba to sign a new contract…only has two years left and the vultures are keeping watch.

Works for Ben…he will excel in that position and I expect him him to be a more exciting version of Declan Rice…White Gilberto will be his new name.

I also like the fact that if anyone thinks White Gilberto is racist then they’re automatically confirming their racism.
Fair play, TC. I love you.

Ypu speak more bøllocks than me, but at least you pretend you know what you're talking about.