Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's the perfect summer transfer business then AWIMB?

Getting Saka, Martineli and Gabriel tied down to new contracts is the most important issue. Same with Saliba. If they don't sign realisttically you'll have to look at selling. Edward as well but to a lesser degree. With no CL footie he's become more important to us. He's a good standard of player to rely on to get you a goal a game in the UEFA cup.

Still need a big hold up man to play up front and link everything up. With Burnley relegated I'd actually be tempted to make a cheeky 3m bid for Wout Weghorst to use as squad filler if a chunk of boys leave. Realistically we could be losing all of Edward, Pepe and Laca. Wouldn't be a bad option to come off the bench for the last 10 mins. Not good enough to start though.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

The problem is what we want will never happen.

I’m guessing it’s Tielamans in midfield, Jesus up front and Aaron Hickey who can play as a Right or left full back.

That’s it.

The process seems to be one of inching forward, holding position for a season then inching forward again rather than seeking year on year improvement. I fear next season will just be about maintaining 5th again and anything else is a bonus.

-

My view is okay so we have to trust the process so what’s the next logical step for next season? It’s either Top 4 or the Europa League trophy.

Both would be great but I’d settle for one.

So what needs to happen to achieve that and then take things from there.

I like our centre halves but the one problem is they’re all quite young. It might be fine just to add an oldie to the mix for the odd game.

Lewis Dunk won’t cost much and he would be an excellent addition.

We tried this before with Lichsteiner and Luiz but they were coming in to have more game time…not getting Dunk for that. Its those vital games when we’re down to the bare bones.

Two major issues last season were the red cards and injuries especially in the middle of the park.

So get Ruben Neves. This guy doesn’t seem to miss a game. I would argue if we had him here this season and he played 33 league games like he did at Wolves we would be in the top 4. Just based on the red cards from Xhaka and missed time from Partey.

Right age, perfect time for him to move, touch of class. Works for me.

He can take lead role in there and let Xhaka, Partey and Lokonga fight it out for the extra spot. Gooo Sambi…I like him. He held firm in the middle of the park vs 10 men at Anfield. He’ll come good.

Up front Jesus is no brainer…he will at time cause frustration with sone of his misses but he’s clearly no Gervinho. I just hope he knows this ain’t no holiday camp. Edu has 1 job to do so don’t mess this up.

Now there should be some money coming in from sales ie Leno, Maitland and we’ll Pepe so I think it’s time to add some class to our attack so my dream / break the bank signing would be….

Jarrod Fkin Bowen

I’ve seen enough of him…world beater.

But I take it from the Marquinhos signing that the club would rather go with a 17 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The problem is what we want will never happen.

I’m guessing it’s Tielamans in midfield, Jesus up front and Aaron Hickey who can play as a Right or left full back.

That’s it.

The process seems to be one of inching forward, holding position for a season then inching forward again rather than seeking year on year improvement. I fear next season will just be about maintaining 5th again and anything else is a bonus.

-

My view is okay so we have to trust the process so what’s the next logical step for next season? It’s either Top 4 or the Europa League trophy.

Both would be great but I’d settle for one.

So what needs to happen to achieve that and then take things from there.

I like our centre halves but the one problem is they’re all quite young. It might be fine just to add an oldie to the mix for the odd game.

Lewis Dunk won’t cost much and he would be an excellent addition.

We tried this before with Lichsteiner and Luiz but they were coming in to have more game time…not getting Dunk for that. Its those vital games when we’re down to the bare bones.

Two major issues last season were the red cards and injuries especially in the middle of the park.

So get Ruben Neves. This guy doesn’t seem to miss a game. I would argue if we had him here this season and he played 33 league games like he did at Wolves we would be in the top 4. Just based on the red cards from Xhaka and missed time from Partey.

Right age, perfect time for him to move, touch of class. Works for me.

He can take lead role in there and let Xhaka, Partey and Lokonga fight it out for the extra spot. Gooo Sambi…I like him. He held firm in the middle of the park vs 10 men at Anfield. He’ll come good.

Up front Jesus is no brainer…he will at time cause frustration with sone of his misses but he’s clearly no Gervinho. I just hope he knows this ain’t no holiday camp. Edu has 1 job to do so don’t mess this up.

Now there should be some money coming in from sales ie Leno, Maitland and we’ll Pepe so I think it’s time to add some class to our attack so my dream / break the bank signing would be….

Jarrod Fkin Bowen

I’ve seen enough of him…world beater.

But I take it from the Marquinhos signing that the club would rather go with a 17 year old boy.
    I, World's End Stella, AWIMB's foremast talent evaluator, have spent 5 minutes watching Aaron Hickey and can confirm he is EXACTLY what we need at LB as our Jockie is clearly a sicknote who needs to be put down.

So:

Eddie signs
    Saliba arrives
    Hickey is signed
    Jesus is signed
    A midfielder is signed - Neves, Melo, AN Other

And we will take a run at the league next year. Write it down AWIMB

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    He held firm in the middle of the park vs 10 men at Anfield.
    Not sure there can be a finer tribute for an Arsenal player than that
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Just sign Olivier Giroud

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Sign a striker for bazillions of pounds that we've never heard of?
    Neves?
    Sign Eddie?
    A LB that can stay fit?
    Saliba finally joins the Arsenal?

Owt else?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."