Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm absolutely tired of the gimps all over the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whilst we still have powder-puff players in the team, like Xhaka, then we are always going to place where we currently deserve to be.
    Xhaka has been player of the month and generally one of our best performers. The blame does not lie with him. Not strengthening in January cost us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Xhaka has been player of the month and generally one of our best performers. The blame does not lie with him. Not strengthening in January cost us
    I think in the last few games with Elneny on the pitch Xhaka goes missing and lets Elneny deal with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think in the last few games with Elneny on the pitch Xhaka goes missing and lets Elneny deal with everything.
    Not saying he's perfect but he's far from our worst player

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Greatest respect but wins against Chelsea & United mean F all when you lose to Southampton, Palace, Newcastle and friggin' Brighton of all teams.

It absolutely infuriates me that you try justify the absolute nonsense from this team by bringing up things like giving City or Liverpool a tough 45 mins, or winning at home to United who in case you haven't noticed ARE SH*T! Look at the bigger picture.
    We finished 5th with the youngest team in the league Bunnell, and we've had a lot of turnaround as Arteta got rid of the toxic players.

Of course it's disappointing because we were so close to 4th, but you've lost sight of the bigger picture imo. A few years back we kept sliding farther down the table each year while the manager made the same mistakes each year. We've moved on, have a very young side that finished 5th and a manager they seem to like.

The future is bright, patience man.

He might have been decent for 3 months but he's been at Arsenal for 5 or 6 seasons and not once have I seen him (I'm not saying he has never) take the game by the scruff of the neck and controlled a game in the manner of Cesc, Paddy, KDB, etc. His record over his Arsenal career can best be, a what, 6 out of 10?

I appreciate he's a nice guy and a leader and his family have been through some shíté but we appear to have had him as a linchpin in those seasons and, quite frankly, he's not good enough and, at worst, part of the problem in our gameplay.

There.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It’s like the Euros.

There were so many goals that you could trace back to Xhaka…poor positioning, day dreaming, poor passing, not staying with his runners. Go back and watch the highlights of some of the games. It’s a hilarious watch. He even managed to get enough yellows to miss their final game.

But he has an excellent 45 minutes against a French defence that had gone into complete meltdown and he’s suddenly world class and the ‘quarterback’ Arsenal need.

Guy is rubbish.

Lol he got outplayed by Joelinton loooooool oh my days.

Honestly struggling to see what’s so good about him…he’s basically a sh*t Stephen Hughes.

We can do better.

The interesting one is Tierney…if Barca or Real want him then cash in. It’s not worth it with his injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    We finished 5th with the youngest team in the league Bunnell, and we've had a lot of turnaround as Arteta got rid of the toxic players.

Of course it's disappointing because we were so close to 4th, but you've lost sight of the bigger picture imo. A few years back we kept sliding farther down the table each year while the manager made the same mistakes each year. We've moved on, have a very young side that finished 5th and a manager they seem to like.

The future is bright, patience man.
    Quite, you could see that ESR, Saka and Martinelli have run out of gas a bit towards the end of the season. Another year older and stronger next season.
    As you say, we have a very young squad

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It’s like the Euros.

There were so many goals that you could trace back to Xhaka…poor positioning, day dreaming, poor passing, not staying with his runners. Go back and watch the highlights of some of the games. It’s a hilarious watch. He even managed to get enough yellows to miss their final game.

But he has an excellent 45 minutes against a French defence that had gone into complete meltdown and he’s suddenly world class and the ‘quarterback’ Arsenal need.

Guy is rubbish.

Lol he got outplayed by Joelinton loooooool oh my days.

Honestly struggling to see what’s so good about him…he’s basically a sh*t Stephen Hughes.

We can do better.

The interesting one is Tierney…if Barca or Real want him then cash in. It’s not worth it with his injury record.
    He was excellent when Partey was fit and was able to play higher up the pitch. The Partey and Tierney injuries screwed us

He was excellent when Partey was fit and was able to play higher up the pitch. The Partey and Tierney injuries screwed us
    Arteta chose to dump out Gwen and Torreira and replace them with Sambi who let's be honest, has done nothing this season.

Likewise shifting out all our wing back cover and replacing them with a donkey in Tavares. These decisions are all on Edu and Arteta.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

I saw Torreira on Monday when Sampdoria spanked them 4-1.

Interestingly this chap runs the Samp midfield now:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rona...er,_born_1998)

He’s English too lol