Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Two pathetic goals to concede

Two pathetic goals to concede

Still. Bar that Liverpool didn't do anything what so ever of note. We lost this game, and those two goals due to individual eras. They created **** all otherwise. Oden had his chance and missed just before the goal. Then it was, game over. I thought that was harsh subbing him off. He basically 'beat' the keeper and it was only saved by his forearm. That was more or less the difference today.

Personally when we need a goal I'd perfer Xhaxa subbed off and Oden dropping deep in a Santi role. I thought Xhaxa ****ing up his edge of the box shot and his cross while we were pressing were far worse than Oden unlucklily not scoring.

Still. If we play like that against Villa we get 3 points.

The future? Every months or young side is closing in on Liverpool. This will only continue if we nail down Saka and Martineli to long term contracts. That's the main goal for the board the coming months.

3 points against villa and this result means nothing.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

I like what I'm seeing. We just need to start getting ruthless in front of goal which is our main problem. Need to find a truly world class striker somehow whilst we wait for the likes of Martinelli & Saka to become double digit goal threats. Liverpool are a damn good side I just accepted we was gonna lose but happy to see us make them ride their luck (same as we did to City).

Generally I'm impressed by our defense and possession play. I really can't see United putting together a run of results to challenge us for 4th, they are awful, but who knows. It still could go tits up like many seasons before.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I like what I'm seeing. We just need to start getting ruthless in front of goal which is our main problem. Need to find a truly world class striker somehow whilst we wait for the likes of Martinelli & Saka to become double digit goal threats. Liverpool are a damn good side I just accepted we was gonna lose but happy to see us make them ride their luck (same as we did to City).

Generally I'm impressed by our defense and possession play. I really can't see United putting together a run of results to challenge us for 4th, they are awful, but who knows. It still could go tits up like many seasons before.
    A sensible post Bunnell, are you well?

Alongside this bit of common sense you can add the fact that we are the youngest team in the league with room for improvement throughout the side; Tierney, White, Gabriel, Gabi, ESR, Saka and Odegaard should all improve over the next few years.

A striker and a replacement for Xhaka in the summer would be nice.

I actually think Xhaka has done alright this season bar a couple of Xhaka spaz moments. And I usually HATE the kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I actually think Xhaka has done alright this season bar a couple of Xhaka spaz moments. And I usually HATE the kunt.
    Yeah but that's the problem with Xhaka, he does all right a lot.

Except when he does something really stupid, and against the best teams he's never more than all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Still. Bar that Liverpool didn't do anything what so ever of note. We lost this game, and those two goals due to individual eras. They created **** all otherwise. Oden had his chance and missed just before the goal. Then it was, game over. I thought that was harsh subbing him off. He basically 'beat' the keeper and it was only saved by his forearm. That was more or less the difference today.

Personally when we need a goal I'd perfer Xhaxa subbed off and Oden dropping deep in a Santi role. I thought Xhaxa ****ing up his edge of the box shot and his cross while we were pressing were far worse than Oden unlucklily not scoring.

Still. If we play like that against Villa we get 3 points.

The future? Every months or young side is closing in on Liverpool. This will only continue if we nail down Saka and Martineli to long term contracts. That's the main goal for the board the coming months.

3 points against villa and this result means nothing.
    I think Arteta's subbing last night was with an eye to Villa, Odin followed by Saka followed by Laca.
    If we win the Wenger 4th placed trophy I think we could entice Harry K for CL footie. He would enjoy the service big time.