Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WatchWimb. I have a big birthday coming up so want to buy a new watch.

WatchWimb. I have a big birthday coming up so want to buy a new watch.

nothing overly expensive.

I always liked the look of Tag but the watch snobs frown upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Apple Watch, Pat. Or nothing at all.

There's no point in anything else, waste of time. People who buy them are the loadsamoney types that you don't want to be associated with. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

There's no point in anything else, waste of time. People who buy them are the loadsamoney types that you don't want to be associated with. Trust me.
    I wear my Omega on the left (40th B'day present) and Apple Watch on my right, an Apple watch saved my wife's life, so that persuaded me.

Pat, nothing wrong with a Tag, I just looked at Omega's and my won has gone up £2k!!

or kill 2 birds and get a Tag Connected watch
    Last edited by PSRB; 03-15-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I wear my Omega on the left (40th B'day present) and Apple Watch on my right, an Apple watch saved my wife's life, so that persuaded me.

Pat, nothing wrong with a Tag, I just looked at Omega's and my won has gone up £2k!!

or kill 2 birds and get a Tag Connected watch
    I was having a good look at Omega's the other week. I am tempted but the Mrs wants to move first.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I quite like the idea of the apple watch for health etc. I was using my phone and worked out I walked over 170000 steps last week whilst I was away but would be handy on the wrist, But for birthday I would like something that will last for a long time, I am sure apple watches only have so many years lifespan like the phones.

I know plenty of watch snobs. Don't know many that frown upon Tag. It's a very good mid to premium brand. Just below the really silly money watches.

Oh and premium brands do smart watches as well if combining fitness trackers and high end design is your thing.

Complete shi++er brand Tag. Don’t waste your money on anything from them.

You can pick up an Oris for way less and it’s quite respected in the community.

I’ve got one in my FB from my last trip to South Africa if you want to have a look.

Hamiliton is another nice affordable Swiss brand.

Tudor have done a great job the last few years and their versions of the Submariner and Daytona and are about £1k to 2k more than a Tag but worth it.

By the way…my advice would be for you to decide on one then purchase in duty free the next time you’re travelling.

Instant saving and you can haggle a little bit…maybe get 10% taken off.

Otherwise dip into the 2nd hand market…Watchfinders is your best option….well safest lol

-

Quote Originally Posted by psrb View Post

pat, nothing wrong with a tag, i just looked at omega's and my won has gone up £2k!!
    ***free money***

I have a number of watches, including a TAG, but an Omega Seamaster is probably the one I wear most often. Wearing it now in fact.

You go for what you want. And **** the watch snobs, pat
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”