Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Oh, he was playing wide left. Cheers, that does make it slightly more palatable.

Yes, he was great for us there, too. But as you say the new 3 from Gabby, Odin, Saka and ESR is what the attacking side of our game must be based around.

FFS, Laca's been superb dropping deep and also using his strength in and around the box to keep possession and play short passes. We need that more than a traditional goal machine. If he could just score 1 in 3 of the good chances he has, we'd have top 4 nailed on if the other 4 {in 3 positions} behind him keep playing at this level and I'd even give him a contract extension.

If he could take 2 in 3 of the good chances, he'd score 30 a season and if we had no injuries, Partey played at his best all the time and we upgraded GX, then we'd be top 3 and possibly contenders.

But he's scoring less than Gervinho did. Look at that chance 2 games ago at 1-0 up after we'd just gone down to ten men. Should have buried that. Auba would have done.

We need a striker than can do the work of Laca but take chances like Auba and I don't know where we'll find one.

Also, Laca should have had a pen again. But I worry that refs don't like him nipping in front of donkey CHs and getting fouled, even though that's how the game works.
All good points - especially the last one. He is very good at it but refs don't like to give those. Even the one he did get against Villa the ref didn't want to give. Mind you, we'd have more chance of Antonio Conte giving us a penalty at the Lane than Lee Mason and John Moss