Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, let us take stock of the weekend's achievements

So, let us take stock of the weekend's achievements

The club with "no history" have now won two European Champions' League and a World Club Championship under the Russian.

Meanwhile, the American who owns a club which has nothing but its history and which now dreams of snatching fourth place has just won the SuperBowl with his US Franchise.

Give me dirty russian money, every time.

I’m told Ruben Neves has written to the NFL about the Rams players celebrating afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    The club with "no history" have now won two European Champions' League and a World Club Championship under the Russian.

Meanwhile, the American who owns a club which has nothing but its history and which now dreams of snatching fourth place has just won the SuperBowl with his US Franchise.

Give me dirty russian money, every time.
    That just says a lot about you - and not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And accepting relentless mediocrity says plenty about you and indeed anyone else foolish enough to pay to watch this shell of a once-great club.

As if you wouldn't reverse Kroenke/Abramovich with Arsenal/Chelsea 🙄🙄🙄

And accepting relentless mediocrity says plenty about you and indeed anyone else foolish enough to pay to watch this shell of a once-great club.
    Bless - you mistake moaning on a website for 20 odd years as some kind of positive action. I don't accept mediocrity, I merely support my football club in good times and bad. Shame you forgot that a long time ago

Not a chance, despise the raging criminal and everything he's done to the game. No fan of KSE but no, I would not swap owners

Bless - you mistake moaning on a website for 20 odd years as some kind of positive action. I don't accept mediocrity, I merely support my football club in good times and bad. Shame you forgot that a long time ago
    As someone who started to follow Arsenal in the late 60s and followed them home and away in the early 80s, I need no lectures about supporting in good times and bad. But that club that bears the name today is now completely unrecognisable from the one I loved. When we first started to fall behind in the late "noughties" I hoped and even believed that the club would respond. But we didn't, and I am so glad I walked away. We have an owner who is happy to coast, and the managers he appoints reflects that. I don't give a damn where the owners, managers or players come from: I care that they are either unwilling or unable to equip the club for the modern era.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 02-15-2022 at 04:42 PM.

As someone who started to follow Arsenal in the late 60s and followed them home and away in the early 80s, I need no lectures about supporting in good times and bad. But that club that bears the name today is now completely unrecognisable from the one I loved. When we first started to fall behind in the late "noughties" I hoped and even believed that the club would respond. But we didn't, and I am so glad I walked away. We have an owner who is happy to coast, and the managers he appoints reflects that. I don't give a damn where the owners, managers or players come from: I care that they are either unwilling or unable to equip the club for the modern era.
    If you have ‘walked away’, why must you continue to subject us to your bilious drivel?

In fairness, the Superbowl is *like* a trophy. Kroenke.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."