Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone saying the Auba deal is a good one. I think it's a joke

Why is everyone saying the Auba deal is a good one. I think it's a joke

'oh but we get him off the wage bill, by saving his wages it's like getting x amount in a transfer'
    'we are making space for big business in the summer'

a) I don't give a shid about the wage bill
    b) if you actually sell a player, don't you get money as well as saving their wages.

We just let player after player leave for free.
    And yet keep Eddie who will leave for free in the summer.

c) what a load of *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    'oh but we get him off the wage bill, by saving his wages it's like getting x amount in a transfer'
    'we are making space for big business in the summer'

a) I don't give a shid about the wage bill
    b) if you actually sell a player, don't you get money as well as saving their wages.

We just let player after player leave for free.
    And yet keep Eddie who will leave for free in the summer.

c) what a load of *******s.
    He's 33, saves £25m in wages and gets him out of the club when he's clearly been a bad influence. I have no issues other than he should have been replaced

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's 33, saves £25m in wages and gets him out of the club when he's clearly been a bad influence. I have no issues other than he should have been replaced
    they should reveal what he's done.
    I always thought he seemed like a big kid, Not sure Arteta is very good as this player managment lark he seems to have a lot of fallings out with people.

they should reveal what he's done.
    I always thought he seemed like a big kid, Not sure Arteta is very good as this player management lark he seems to have a lot of fallings out with people.
    He's more GG than AW. BiL says he's a very tough character, does not accept 2nd best in performance or attitude.

With you on this. I was never a fan. He was instrumental in that horrid Instagram culture (alongside Bellerin) that was toxic at this club. More interested in their latest horrid fashion statement or p*ssing about in the changing rooms rather than knuckling down and trying to become better. One thing I give Arteta credit for is trying to completely remove this toxic core.

However, Auba could be used at least as an impact sub till end of season, and not getting a replacement and leaving this squad paper thin when we have a good shot at 4th place is completely criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    With you on this. I was never a fan. He was instrumental in that horrid Instagram culture (alongside Bellerin) that was toxic at this club. More interested in their latest horrid fashion statement or p*ssing about in the changing rooms rather than knuckling down and trying to become better. One thing I give Arteta credit for is trying to completely remove this toxic core.

However, Auba could be used at least as an impact sub till end of season, and not getting a replacement and leaving this squad paper thin when we have a good shot at 4th place is completely criminal.
    17 games in 13 odd weeks. It's not a lot, we clearly tried to sign the Serb but if he's not interested then **** him. I like Isak but not at 95m euros

17 games in 13 odd weeks. It's not a lot, we clearly tried to sign the Serb but if he's not interested then **** him. I like Isak but not at 95m euros
    I think top 4 is doable but I would have liked some sort of striker reinforcment as we really struggle with goals. Top 4 woud make summer business earlier.

Perhaps Arteta could play Pepe on the left and Saka on the right and Martinelli upfront or the other way round.

I think top 4 is doable but I would have liked some sort of striker reinforcment as we really struggle with goals. Top 4 woud make summer business earlier.

Perhaps Arteta could play Pepe on the left and Saka on the right and Martinelli upfront or the other way round.
    Pepe looked so much better at AFCON and great he's had some game time to build up his match sharpness. Top 6 is must, top 4 we'll see. Personally, think we'll finish 5th

Pepe looked so much better at AFCON and great he's had some game time to build up his match sharpness. Top 6 is must, top 4 we'll see. Personally, think we'll finish 5th
    I'd take that - but not if Spurs finish fourth. that would be annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'd take that - but not if Spurs finish fourth. that would be annoying
    I said top 6 would be acceptable to keep Mikel in a job, so I suppose I bet stick to that.

We really should finish above spurs though!