Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We signed a 23 year old cb

We signed a 23 year old cb

To come in during the summer.

Just what the squad needed.

https://dailycannon.com/2022/01/arsenal-auston-trusty/
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Someone said the American goalie can’t kick past the half way line

No wonder he didn’t play NFL…useless punting or kicking field goals.

Sad times…we’ve been gutted like fish, thrown to wolves, sent to prison without any Vaseline…all that…brutal….yet Xhaka is still here. Man is a cockroach…full on nuclear war and he survives.

I was expecting in the end times he’d be dead or something.

Looking at this deal more closely. The management must have zero faith in this chap. When you actually look at our squad we barely have enough players to full the subs bench.

First 11.

-------------------------------------------------Ramsdale----------------------------------------------

Jap--------------------------White----------------Gabriel-------------------------------Tierieny

---------------------------Party------------------Xhaha---------------------------------------

Saka----------------------------------------Odin-------------------------------------------Martineli

--------------------------------------Lacca---------------------------------------------

Our 7 subs.

Leno
    Taveres
    Holding
    ESR
    Elneny
    Pepe
    Nketiah

Now we've barely got fcuk all after that.

cedric, Lokonga who has first team experience then Patio and a few toddlers and schoolboys. There's literally nothing of note. Does Biereth look amazing in training or something?

And this in the covid era where we're missing about 2 players a game due to that. Add injuries and suspensions and we might have to promote some of the ladies team into the first team. Shocking stuff.

This American player was guaranteed by default to be on the bench at least every game. Baffling stuff altogether.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 02-01-2022 at 08:10 PM.

I honestly don’t know how we’ve ended up back in a situation where a couple injuries and it’s Xhaka in the back line again.

The strategy is doable but requires perfect coaching from Arteta and a significant amount of improvement, perfect play and no suspensions or injuries from the players every game until the end of the season.

It won’t work and they have only themselves to blame.

Arteta and Edu must be praying for another mystery variant so he can have the remaining games behind closed doors because the atmosphere will be the most toxic yet.

I think Eleney is a much better choice at the back. He's looked solid there before although played on the right of a back 3.

An injury to Lacca is the big worry. He's essential to how we play. If he gets a big injury i'd see us struggling to get into the revamped intertoto cup nevermind the CL.

I just don't understand why we didn't just bring in a stop gap target man who could cover coming on for the last 10 or 20 mins. Lacca is knackered every game he plays and is subbed off. We're gonna be fecked. I would have even taken the big 6'6 donkey fella Burnley signed for 12m who averaged a one in two goal ratio in **** leagues. That has to be better than nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wout_Weghorst

Even if he was a complete flop you sale him on and you haven't lost much. It's worth it to go for the extra CL big money. Areteta/Edu certainly aren't gamblers anyway. As a betting man you'd probably know the rough odds better than me. Going into the window i would have said we were at least evens to make the CL as well as being in the cups. After this shambles I'd say we're about 3/1 now at best to make the CL.

I saw us at 6/4 to make the top 4 a few weeks back.

Now 13/5

So from a 40% chance to a 28% chance now.

Hmm you know Wolves at 33/1 could be the bet…been going about their business quietly.

Spurs at 6/4 is too short and apart Kane are largely rubbish
    United 6/4 as well but they are in disarray and were harbouring a rapist
    West Ham 12/1 are on life support with no new players which they desperately needed

Just leaves us at 13/5 with a depleted squad and Wolves at 33/1.

Bet placed:

Single
    English Premier League Outrights 2021/2022 - Top 4 Finish
    Wolves
    33/1
    Stake:
    £20.00
    Potential Returns:
    £680.00

Happy with that…next 4 games should be fun to watch…Arsenal at home, Spurs away, Leicester are home then West Ham away.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I think Eleney is a much better choice at the back. He's looked solid there before although played on the right of a back 3.

An injury to Lacca is the big worry. He's essential to how we play. If he gets a big injury i'd see us struggling to get into the revamped intertoto cup nevermind the CL.

I just don't understand why we didn't just bring in a stop gap target man who could cover coming on for the last 10 or 20 mins. Lacca is knackered every game he plays and is subbed off. We're gonna be fecked. I would have even taken the big 6'6 donkey fella Burnley signed for 12m who averaged a one in two goal ratio in **** leagues. That has to be better than nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wout_Weghorst

Even if he was a complete flop you sale him on and you haven't lost much. It's worth it to go for the extra CL big money. Areteta/Edu certainly aren't gamblers anyway. As a betting man you'd probably know the rough odds better than me. Going into the window i would have said we were at least evens to make the CL as well as being in the cups. After this shambles I'd say we're about 3/1 now at best to make the CL.
    I'm wild guessing that you are going to see Pepe come on for Laca ... hey, he can't be worse than Yaya Sanogo. Arteta has a dark sin bin where people are buried with no ray of light ... then he resurrects them. Shirley he's seen him in AFCON and can figure out how to build on that. Subbing for Laca would completely change up how we attack. It just might work! or not.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Someone said the American goalie can’t kick past the half way line

No wonder he didn’t play NFL…useless punting or kicking field goals.

Sad times…we’ve been gutted like fish, thrown to wolves, sent to prison without any Vaseline…all that…brutal….yet Xhaka is still here. Man is a cockroach…full on nuclear war and he survives.

I was expecting in the end times he’d be dead or something.
    NO way is this an endorsement, only my observation, but Turner is an excellent shotstopper with very good positioning for crosses, etc. He doesn't hide under the net like Ospina. The only negative is that he isn't adept at distributing the ball, a bit Petr Cech- like right now.

However despite his age he is an ascending talent. I reckon Arteta is counting on him being 'coached up' regarding playing out the back. He will be content to play the Milk Cup/FA Cup games and won't be a bother. He's much better in a traditional 'keeper sense than Steffen - Pep's American #2. In fact Steffen will be hard pressed to get back the USA #1.

btw, it appears that MLS is becoming a training ground for Euro leagues and the EPL. I reckon you'll see MLS become more of a training ground for Central and South American players with dreams of moving to the soccerball majors (EPL, Bundesliga, etc.) If true Colorado Rapids could be like our 'reserve' team for such prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I saw us at 6/4 to make the top 4 a few weeks back.

Now 13/5

So from a 40% chance to a 28% chance now.

Hmm you know Wolves at 33/1 could be the bet…been going about their business quietly.

Spurs at 6/4 is too short and apart Kane are largely rubbish
    United 6/4 as well but they are in disarray and were harbouring a rapist
    West Ham 12/1 are on life support with no new players which they desperately needed

Just leaves us at 13/5 with a depleted squad and Wolves at 33/1.

Bet placed:

Single
    English Premier League Outrights 2021/2022 - Top 4 Finish
    Wolves
    33/1
    Stake:
    £20.00
    Potential Returns:
    £680.00

Happy with that…next 4 games should be fun to watch…Arsenal at home, Spurs away, Leicester are home then West Ham away.
    Back Wolves at 33/1 and cash out as soon as they beat Arsenal at home next might be smart betting. That result might get them down to 15/1.