Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Zipper Club

Zipper Club

Anyone else a member? I recently joined

Now have carbon mitral valve following endocarditis.

Ten weeks in hospital, first seven on four hourly intravenous antibiotics to kill the infection before the open heart surgery.

Had a 2cm ball of bacterial growth on the valve. All from a cut to my leg while gardening last summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

Ten weeks in hospital, first seven on four hourly intravenous antibiotics to kill the infection before the open heart surgery.

Had a 2cm ball of bacterial growth on the valve. All from a cut to my leg while gardening last summer!!
    Have to say I had to google to find out what that was. Nasty - hope you are recovering well, pj

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Have to say I had to google to find out what that was. Nasty - hope you are recovering well, pj
    I assumed it was something to do with catching his testicles when doing his trousers up. I'm not sure which I would prefer now I've Google'd it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Thanks LA, was a living nightmare at times tbh.

Not having unduly troubled the medicos for my previous 63 and a half years on this planet, the whole hospitalisation thing was a massive culture shock. The front line staff are incredibly brilliant in the main. The system overall requires a major overhaul. Preferably not by government!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

Pleased to hear you're recovering, p. Sounds nasty. I'm far too much of a wimp to google it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Pleased to hear you're recovering, p. Sounds nasty. I'm far too much of a wimp to google it tbh.
    Yep, same here