Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Master plan to save the season

Master plan to save the season

Right no ****ing about now. Time to use our one real strength as a team. We go all out for the Papa John's Trophy. We have to really abuse the format where you can play under 21 players. Get all of Martineli, Saka and ESR and such in the starting line up and go all out for the ba$tard.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Right no ****ing about now. Time to use our one real strength as a team. We go all out for the Papa John's Trophy. We have to really abuse the format where you can play under 21 players. Get all of Martineli, Saka and ESR and such in the starting line up and go all out for the ba$tard.
    Not sure if this is what you had in mind AAR but I would be up for playing Gabi up front as I think long term a la Thierry that is where he will end up. Don't kid yourself, there will be a short term price to pay as, like Henry did, he needs to improve his finishing and learn the subtleties of the position.

But it is clear that, for whatever reason, we don't play nearly as well when Odegaard and ESR are moved farther back. So:

Back five
    Partey Melo/Xhaka
    Saka Odegaard ESR
    Gabi

for the rest of the year and let's see how it turns out.

Jack should get a tan and corn rows and then we can register our newest African teenager…Jackson Willy Sheres

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not sure if this is what you had in mind AAR but I would be up for playing Gabi up front as I think long term a la Thierry that is where he will end up. Don't kid yourself, there will be a short term price to pay as, like Henry did, he needs to improve his finishing and learn the subtleties of the position.

But it is clear that, for whatever reason, we don't play nearly as well when Odegaard and ESR are moved farther back. So:

Back five
    Partey Melo/Xhaka
    Saka Odegaard ESR
    Gabi

for the rest of the year and let's see how it turns out.
    Yeah it doesn't work with Oden8 playing deep and ESR central. I don't see Gabi in this formation working as the forward. He doesn't hold it up to link others in. A big workhorse donkey like Calvert-Lewin I could see do well in this system. Hard to go for him with his imjuires this season all the same. If we had basically a prime Giroud then Martineli, Saka and ESR would move on to yet another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yeah it doesn't work with Oden8 playing deep and ESR central. I don't see Gabi in this formation working as the forward. He doesn't hold it up to link others in. A big workhorse donkey like Calvert-Lewin I could see do well in this system. Hard to go for him with his imjuires this season all the same. If we had basically a prime Giroud then Martineli, Saka and ESR would move on to yet another level.
    He's a disciple of Pep, AAR. I doubt you will ever see a Giroud style striker up front for Arteta.

And thank god for that. Gabi will be a no. 9, no question in my mind.

Actually I take back everything I said about Calvert-Lewin after seeing this. We don't want his sort.

https://i2-prod.dailystar.co.uk/inco...-at-082210.png

To be fair…the club need someone to takeover Bellend’s old role.