Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Investigation into Arsenal player and dodgy betting

Investigation into Arsenal player and dodgy betting

Xhaka and his yellow for time-wasting against Leeds, apparently.

Bit odd, as really could have had a red for the challenge a bit earlier.......

Problem here is the Stat boys figured Xhaka out ages ago and I know people who bet on him to get carded.

His yellow and red count is always highlighted whenever the Racing Post preview our games and I’ve even seen them put it up as a bet.

Actually tomorrow’s game they haven’t…because he’s suspended so we have:

Inside info

Arsenal

Penalty taker Alexandre Lacazette
    Free-kick wizard Martin Odegaard
    Card magnet Albert Sambi Lokonga
    Aerial threat Gabriel

Their tips for tomorrow…if anyone is interested

Best bets

Draw
    1pt 5-2 general

Fabinho to score at any time
    1pt 9-1 Betfair, Paddy Power

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Problem here is the Stat boys figured Xhaka out ages ago and I know people who bet on him to get carded.

His yellow and red count is always highlighted whenever the Racing Post preview our games and I’ve even seen them put it up as a bet.

Actually tomorrow’s game they haven’t…because he’s suspended so we have:

Inside info

Arsenal

Penalty taker Alexandre Lacazette
    Free-kick wizard Martin Odegaard
    Card magnet Albert Sambi Lokonga
    Aerial threat Gabriel
    Ah, was hoping you'd help on this one. https://twitter.com/FoG_BLoG/status/1472287642863783940 this is what they're referring to

That’s a bit over the top…

65k matched means there was only at most 32.5k bet on him to get a card since the market opened. The total figure is total of bets made and potential payouts from laying the bets.

So if you bet 20 at 4/1 the market will show as 100 matched when only £20 was actually bet.

The actually amount bet on Xhaka is way lower…probably between 15 to 20k.

Pretty standard betting especially for Xhaka.

It looks from the graph that his price hit a high of 3/1 and someone put 11 euros on followed by further small bets.

Problem here…it’s betfair so it could be 1 person or thousands. Doesn’t even have to be a person…could just be a bot that’s been preset to mop up a specific market and cash out at pre set prices. Could also be other bookmakers cleaning up their own positions ie they took bets at 6/4 and then covered them at higher prices on betfair.

It’s also small market with low liquidity so you will see price fluctuations.

I could do that easy on my own…just pick a nice quiet race in the middle of nowhere USA at 2am and it’s just me and at most a half a dozen people betting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    That’s a bit over the top…

65k matched means there was only at most 32.5k bet on him to get a card since the market opened. The total figure is total of bets made and potential payouts from laying the bets.

So if you bet 20 at 4/1 the market will show as 100 matched when only £20 was actually bet.

The actually amount bet on Xhaka is way lower…probably between 15 to 20k.

Pretty standard betting especially for Xhaka.

It looks from the graph that his price hit a high of 3/1 and someone put 11 euros on followed by further small bets.

Problem here…it’s betfair so it could be 1 person or thousands. Doesn’t even have to be a person…could just be a bot that’s been preset to mop up a specific market and cash out at pre set prices. Could also be other bookmakers cleaning up their own positions ie they took bets at 6/4 and then covered them at higher prices on betfair.

It’s also small market with low liquidity so you will see price fluctuations.

I could do that easy on my own…just pick a nice quiet race in the middle of nowhere USA at 2am and it’s just me and at most a half a dozen people betting.
    What I understand of that is that the ref was bent. Thanks T

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What I understand of that is that the ref was bent. Thanks T
    We're not allowed to say bent anymore LA. Apparently the term is homosexual. Or I think queer is still okay.

It's still refreshing seeing Minder on ITV4 and hear them called irons.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Word is this case has been dropped…was right…bookmakers upset people made money on Xhaka getting booked.