Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Alex Song. At least he's an honest footballer

Alex Song. At least he's an honest footballer

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...nsfer-25964708

I still think he was the most improved player ever at Arsenal. Had him on trial first. He didn't look good so we tried to get him on loan rather than buy, even then we had to fight over the loan fee until the last day of the window. Anyway, he made his debut coming on as a sub with about 7 mins to go when we were cruising at 2-0 up. He just looked dreadful and kept missplaces 5 yard passes and we almost threw the game. He never played again until the league cup came around. Did very little else in the season. The agreed signing fee was scrapped I think and we got him for cheaper then the rest is history.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...nsfer-25964708

I still think he was the most improved player ever at Arsenal. Had him on trial first. He didn't look good so we tried to get him on loan rather than buy, even then we had to fight over the loan fee until the last day of the window. Anyway, he made his debut coming on as a sub with about 7 mins to go when we were cruising at 2-0 up. He just looked dreadful and kept missplaces 5 yard passes and we almost threw the game. He never played again until the league cup came around. Did very little else in the season. The agreed signing fee was scrapped I think and we got him for cheaper then the rest is history.
    I was at Fulham away when he was treated terribly by the away support. I thought it was clear that he had ability and just needed time, but the cretins at the Cottage that day really had it in for him.

The most improved player ever at the Arsenal was one Thierry Henry BTW. People often forget how poor he looked when he first arrived and how many people were still convinced that his finishing would never be good enough to make it as a striker even 2-3 years after we bought him.

Given that he was arguably the best player in Europe for a while there that's a pretty significant improvement AAR.

I disgree with young Terrence looking poor when he first came. His finishing was terrible true but I remember saying at the time this chap is going to hit 30 a season. He was creating about 4 chances a game usually by himself before breaking his duck. He just needed to sharpen his blades.

He was also a World cup winner too.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I disgree with young Terrence looking poor when he first came. His finishing was terrible true but I remember saying at the time this chap is going to hit 30 a season. He was creating about 4 chances a game usually by himself before breaking his duck. He just needed to sharpen his blades.

He was also a World cup winner too.
    He barely played in 98 AAR, you're being pretty generous to him there calling him a WC winner

He played out wide when he joined and for the longest time looked a talented player with no end product. Then Wenger - wisely - moved him up front and he looked a very good player who couldn't finish. Within 2-3 years he was the best player in the PL imo.

Song was never that bad, and never that good either. Again imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He barely played in 98 AAR, you're being pretty generous to him there calling him a WC winner

He played out wide when he joined and for the longest time looked a talented player with no end product. Then Wenger - wisely - moved him up front and he looked a very good player who couldn't finish. Within 2-3 years he was the best player in the PL imo.

Song was never that bad, and never that good either. Again imo.
    hardly played but was France's top scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    hardly played but was France's top scorer
    I'd like to think you had to look that up but I'm not convinced

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'd like to think you had to look that up but I'm not convinced
    thought exactly that