Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Eddie 9 in 9 in the Milk Cup now. IWWW 29 in 29

Eddie 9 in 9 in the Milk Cup now. IWWW 29 in 29

Silly we're letting him go on a free.

A box poacher like him would be useful - especially off the bench when we need the winner.

10 in 9.

Hat-trick.

Why are we letting him goal on a free? We got 20 mil for Willock. How much would he be worth?

He’s certainly eliminated quite a few strikers from the race ie the Ivan Toney types who can do it at a lower level and need developing.

Pleased for Oodegard…sort of game that might bring him a bundle.

Charlie in the exclusive debut scorers club. Nice.

He'll get goals somewhere. He just doesn't have the all round game to make in our current team. Sure he'll get you goals played as the center main man. but there is no link up play whatsoever. Now that doesn't always matter. But the way our current team is set up is entirely set up around having a forward sacrifice himself and play with his back against the goal (Lacca) while the youngers from the wings/wingback and midfield bomb forward and do the bizz.

Of course Arteta is likely going to sit him down and say, "look you little *******s, Auba is gone. That position is free, you have that. Lacca may leave on a free too. Do you want the contract? No other big team is offering you a starter position. Sign or suck my balls."
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Silly we're letting him go on a free.

A box poacher like him would be useful - especially off the bench when we need the winner.

10 in 9.

Hat-trick.

Why are we letting him goal on a free? We got 20 mil for Willock. How much would he be worth?
    Go watch the Everton match again, GG. He isn't good enough for the Arsenal I'm afraid and 3 goals against a League One team doesn't change that.

And you also moaned about us letting Willock go, BTW. That 20mil looks like an absolute steal for us, stupid Geordies

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Go watch the Everton match again, GG. He isn't good enough for the Arsenal I'm afraid and 3 goals against a League One team doesn't change that.

And you also moaned about us letting Willock go, BTW. That 20mil looks like an absolute steal for us, stupid Geordies
    Oh, agree about Willock.

But Eddie's another Hale End boy so I like him. I get that he hasn't got the all round game to start for us, and he's unlikely to be happy just playing as a fox in the box supersub. But if we had another year on his contract, you could imagine lots of clubs offering us 20 mil.

He's be perfect for a team hoping to stay up.

But the thing I really like about him was the finish for the 3rd. Flicking it wide of the keeper with the back heel of his instep. Did the same against Wimbledon.

It's just I saw Titi try that several times and they always went just wide. {Yes, he scored that great backheel nutmeg, but I don't think he ever scored one of those.} I remember when Santi did it, how chuffed I was.

I think it's sexy and Eddie has scored two, now.

Eduardo has his career ruined by that injury but I'll always remember seeing that volley with the outside of his heel at the ground.

Flicks like that make me happy, Wes. And he's done that twice in the last 3 EFL games.

I hope he has a great career, as long as he doesn't beat us. But it's silly letting someone like that go for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, agree about Willock.

But Eddie's another Hale End boy so I like him. I get that he hasn't got the all round game to start for us, and he's unlikely to be happy just playing as a fox in the box supersub. But if we had another year on his contract, you could imagine lots of clubs offering us 20 mil.

He's be perfect for a team hoping to stay up.

But the thing I really like about him was the finish for the 3rd. Flicking it wide of the keeper with the back heel of his instep. Did the same against Wimbledon.

It's just I saw Titi try that several times and they always went just wide. {Yes, he scored that great backheel nutmeg, but I don't think he ever scored one of those.} I remember when Santi did it, how chuffed I was.

I think it's sexy and Eddie has scored two, now.

Eduardo has his career ruined by that injury but I'll always remember seeing that volley with the outside of his heel at the ground.

Flicks like that make me happy, Wes. And he's done that twice in the last 3 EFL games.

I hope he has a great career, as long as he doesn't beat us. But it's silly letting someone like that go for free.
    Well there's not much really we could do about it, I'm afraid. We can't force him to sign a contract and he isn't good enough to be in our first 11

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well there's not much really we could do about it, I'm afraid. We can't force him to sign a contract and he isn't good enough to be in our first 11
    I agree with both those points. I just like those sexy backheel side flicks. Even sexier than Rambo full-on backheels.