Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I don't really know what a false 9 is. But Laca inside our half, where the LB should

I don't really know what a false 9 is. But Laca inside our half, where the LB should

be, with about five of our players well ahead of him isn't that normal.

I know he's our designated CF, he's only ever played as a striker throughout his career and he wears the no. 9 shirt, so he's not a false 9.

But he's playing deeper than Bergy without a true no. 9 ahead of him.

Whatever it is, I like it. Li-li-li-like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    be, with about five of our players well ahead of him isn't that normal.

I know he's our designated CF, he's only ever played as a striker throughout his career and he wears the no. 9 shirt, so he's not a false 9.

But he's playing deeper than Bergy without a true no. 9 ahead of him.

Whatever it is, I like it. Li-li-li-like it.
    He plays like Giroud but is 5'2.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    He plays like Giroud but is 5'2.
    I loved Olly G. If he'd had Titi's pace, he'd have been an all time great cos he had everything else. But if we keep playing well and winning with Laca in this role, I'm happy even if he doesn't score.

But imagine if he could take some of the chances he's having?

He can drop deep and play like this because for the first time, he has the attacking three nominally behind him who can all use the balls he plays forward and score.

I'd give him a contract extension, esp. if Auba leaves. Having our CF deep as opposed to being on the last shoulder gives the space for those 3 {whichever of the Gabby, Odin, Saka and Emile Smith-Rowe are selected} to do their ting.

That could then give time for Flo to go on loan to see if we've got a Hale End striker good enough to be a starter in the first team.