Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why is it called omnicron, not epsilon? Have I missed loads of variants?

Why is it called omnicron, not epsilon? Have I missed loads of variants?

10 cünting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    10 cünting things.
    I believe it was supposed to be Xi.....but apparently that sounded too Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    10 cünting things.
    First thing I checked, the logic is others sounded like something.
    But they haven't followed the alphabet

Omicron sounds more scary. for some reason I picture it as the Smash Martians.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I believe it was supposed to be Xi.....but apparently that sounded too Chinese
    I still don't get it. This is the fifth variant, no? And the 5th letter is epsilon. Why did they skip so far forward? And if they're not gonna do it in order, what happens once we've got to omega? Can't have epsilon, mu etc coming after omega.

I still don't get it. This is the fifth variant, no? And the 5th letter is epsilon. Why did they skip so far forward? And if they're not gonna do it in order, what happens once we've got to omega? Can't have epsilon, mu etc coming after omega.
    They didn't want to confuse it with the sort of car I end up hiring in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They didn't want to confuse it with the sort of car I end up hiring in Italy.
    You drove an epsilon, Pat? What's it like? Do you recommend it as a cheap and cheerful hire car? Ee ocassionally get invites to free holidays in Sardinia.

You drove an epsilon, Pat? What's it like? Do you recommend it as a cheap and cheerful hire car? Ee ocassionally get invites to free holidays in Sardinia.
    it was ok. I beleive it's a cheap car in general but not bad, Bit of a struggle in the north up the mountains but no problems.

Because Lirrr from the Planet Omicron Persiei 8 is on his way.

I guess they were watching Futurama when they were name picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it was ok. I beleive it's a cheap car in general but not bad, Bit of a struggle in the north up the mountains but no problems.
    Sorted. Never heard of it, though. Is that the name of the company or the model - and if the latter, who makes it?