Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Finally Arteta plays a high agressive line aganst a bucket team for a whole half

Finally Arteta plays a high agressive line aganst a bucket team for a whole half

And the team looks 10000000 times better. I don't understand the logic when he doesn't do this all the time gainst the weak times. He's built a back four that's usually supported with two holding midfielders and attacking wingers who work like ****. Then of course the back 4 itself, in Arsenal's history is one of the most mobile, pacey and with the ability to play on the ball at a high level it's ever had. So play to their strengths. it's not rocket science. Keep them pinning these bucket teams in their own half. It's a % game you're going to do far, far more damage in the opppostions half than they do to you. Sure Southampton had a few chances in the first before we scored but we've created almost as much as the rest of the season combined this half. Keep pinning them down.

****ing Senderos played almost his entire Arsenal career in a high line press and he was one of the worst ever ball playing cb's i've ever seen. Not to mention static as a statue.

He's going to put them behind the ball again second half isn't he?
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    And the team looks 10000000 times better. I don't understand the logic when he doesn't do this all the time gainst the weak times. He's built a back four that's usually supported with two holding midfielders and attacking wingers who work like ****. Then of course the back 4 itself, in Arsenal's history is one of the most mobile, pacey and with the ability to play on the ball at a high level it's ever had. So play to their strengths. it's not rocket science. Keep them pinning these bucket teams in their own half. It's a % game you're going to do far, far more damage in the opppostions half than they do to you. Sure Southampton had a few chances in the first before we scored but we've created almost as much as the rest of the season combined this half. Keep pinning them down.

****ing Senderos played almost his entire Arsenal career in a high line press and he was one of the worst ever ball playing cb's i've ever seen. Not to mention static as a statue.

He's going to put them behind the ball again second half isn't he?
    Didn't Senders get us to a CL final without conceding a goal in the knock-out rounds, with a right-footed back-up MF at LB?

I liked Senders. And Pascal C.

And I got 10 minutes of Pepe up front.

Lol

West Ham will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Didn't Senders get us to a CL final without conceding a goal in the knock-out rounds, with a right-footed back-up MF at LB?

I liked Senders. And Pascal C.
    Yes that was one of those weird anomalies like how we have a 100% clean sheet record any time Senderos and Stepanovs played together.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yes that was one of those weird anomalies like how we have a 100% clean sheet record any time Senderos and Stepanovs played together.
    Beating Real and Juve without conceding a goal isn't a weird statistical anomaly. That back 4 worked. And as soon as we bought Cashley back it all went pear-shaped.

6 knockout games to the final isn't an anomaly. Chopper Pires scything down Paddy V for the first against Juve is an anomaly, I accept. But if he'd bullied him off the ball every time for 6 games then it wouldn't have been.

I loved Senders. I loved Cygan, too. I loved most of Arsène's bald, cheap, Francophone fourth-choice centre halves.

Rather have them than Gallas or Luiz. Or Mustafi.