Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well, despite the score they're putting up a fight and hanging in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, despite the score they're putting up a fight and hanging in

The team can still get something out of this.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Well, ignore that. That was a **** second half. Nevermind. With the form with the previous games your allowed a game like that at Anfield. Regroup and go again against one of the bucket teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Well, ignore that. That was a **** second half. Nevermind. With the form with the previous games your allowed a game like that at Anfield. Regroup and go again against one of the bucket teams.
    Yes, I thought we were in with a shout until Tavares cocked up there, then we seemed to lose our heads a bit.

Important to remember that we are the youngest team in the PL so going to Anfield was always going to be a challenge.

Next two games are far more important. Moyes has some previous with his teams fading second half so 4th is very much on at this point.

That 2nd goal was brutal. The big difference to previous sides is that this group of defenders will all be hurting and I’m sure they’ll look to make things right vs Newcastle.

Main problem for me was the middle of the park…Partey & Sambi just got overrun by their 3 midfielders. Always going to be a problem with the 442 being played. Maybe a 451 with Oddegard as the extra midfielder and Giroud type forward up front would’ve worked

My hope is that Odegard can blossom as the season goes on and we finish 4th…this will give us a small chance to get the striker I really want ie Haaland.

My boy says there's **** all chance of us getting Haaland.

So that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    That 2nd goal was brutal. The big difference to previous sides is that this group of defenders will all be hurting and I’m sure they’ll look to make things right vs Newcastle.

Main problem for me was the middle of the park…Partey & Sambi just got overrun by their 3 midfielders. Always going to be a problem with the 442 being played. Maybe a 451 with Oddegard as the extra midfielder and Giroud type forward up front would’ve worked

My hope is that Odegard can blossom as the season goes on and we finish 4th…this will give us a small chance to get the striker I really want ie Haaland.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My boy says there's **** all chance of us getting Haaland.

So that's that.
    Smart boy, red. Must be in the jeans.

As the Spanish biggies seem to be imploding financially, and given that PSG are seemingly going to lose Mbappe in the summer I guess the smart money will be on PSG.

Anyone but Bayern.

Nit picking a bit but i'd rather have seen Arteta go with AMN and Tierney for this one to bring a bit of experience over Sambi and Tavarers. Espeically with it being at Anfield. Something i've been saying all season but we still need a big man hold up forward to complete this team. Someone who can hold it up and bring ESR, Saka and the wing backs into play. All our forwards are too similar and want to play off the shoulder and get in behind. We've sorta sacrificed Lacca's natural game to try and play that role and he has decent success at in. To me he's far more important to the current team than Abua but seems to be on the way out and can't play for more than an hour.

If we sneak into top 4 I suspect we'll go all out for a big forward to complete the team.