Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Man…who would’ve thought cricket was so racist

Man…who would’ve thought cricket was so racist

I am like…so shocked

Was quite funny that this guy complaining about racism ended up having his tweets dug up where he was being... racist!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Was quite funny that this guy complaining about racism ended up having his tweets dug up where he was being... racist!
    Im still struggling to understand why if it was so bad, he left the club, only to go back. Anyway, racists in Yorkshire, this news doesn't exactly surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Im still struggling to understand why if it was so bad, he left the club, only to go back. Anyway, racists in Yorkshire, this news doesn't exactly surprise me.
    My best mate at uni {from '89 onwards} was a Scouser who moved to Leeds when he was about 14. He had great hand to eye co-ordination - amazing pool player and became my babyfoot partner when we started playing in our squat after we finished uni - and was apparently one of the better opening bats in his county age group.

Yet when he was in Yorkshire in the '80s, this was before Sachin signed and when they still had the rule that you had to have been born and bred in the county for 3 generations.

He said he was in the indoor nets at the county. The first four would have all the white kids, who were being watched by the likes of Fred Truman. The next 3 nets were empty and he was in the final net with the local kids of Asian heritage. In my mate's words, they could have had the new Wasim Akram down there but none of the county bods would ever bother to look.

So no, it doesn't surprise me.