Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
Cheers mate, much appreciated.

I like the sound of central as well, if I'm going to live in Paris I'd rather be in the middle of it all. I will need a park nearby for the dog.

So sounds like something central, near the river and close to a Line 1 metro station

The Montmartre bistro was Le Bon Bock BTW. Had a few demis at a dodgy local bar (PSG Marseilles was on) which I loved and then dinner. Food was good, not great, but the ambiance was 10/10. It felt like 1920s Paris with a chap on the piano. Half expected Hemingway to walk around the corner. Highly recommended.
Ah, you didn't mention a park for the dog. Paris doesn't have parks like London does. It has squares for people to and drink at.

My mate's dog does his biz in this tiny bit of greenery with a few benches. But most would just walk down by the river. That seems the norm.

If it really is vital and you can afford it, the Bois de Bolougne might be better. But as I say, those pavements down by the river are very wide and everyone's dogs just run around sniffing each other.

On of my mates has a good mate whose daughter is a dog walker. So occasionally all of us take to dogs to Bois de Vincennes {Like Bolougne but in the east not west} and give them a 2 hr walk there. It's gorgeous - woodland with streams.

I'm not a dog person, WES. And I know even less about how your Fido expects you to treat him.

But Kurt, matey's dog, is really happy going there every few weeks and having walks down the seine or two the shops. Local supermarket chain has hook for lead and bowl of water outside.

Btw, when you say central, near the river and close to Ligne 1, that's where I am when I stay.

We could meet for a quick drink one evening, a munch one weekend, or I could show you the heavy metal bar hidden near by that shows sport. Go in the day before and say "Can I watch the Arsenal game tomorrow", they check the time and say "Ok, no Fr teams are playing at that time, so we'll keep a screen for you to watch that." Sir C told me about it.