Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Everyone seems rather confident that we're going to hammer PSV tonight

Everyone seems rather confident that we're going to hammer PSV tonight

My understanding is that they're a pretty good side.

Are we going to get gubbed?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Didn't they beat us last year? Seem to remember RN having a lovely run down the left, Eddie moved from the wing infield and then hit it in first time. But then they beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Didn't they beat us last year? Seem to remember RN having a lovely run down the left, Eddie moved from the wing infield and then hit it in first time. But then they beat us.
    Yes they did.

That said I'm more confident of a victory than any United fan I've spoken with.

Yes they did.

That said I'm more confident of a victory than any United fan I've spoken with.

they're 4 wins from 4 in the Dutch Farmers League...

I remember them scoring late on to equalise and knock us out a few years ago. Brazilian defender who ended up at Chelsea scored. Can never remember his name.

Googled it - Alex.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    they're 4 wins from 4 in the Dutch Farmers League...

I remember them scoring late on to equalise and knock us out a few years ago. Brazilian defender who ended up at Chelsea scored. Can never remember his name.

Googled it - Alex.
    Big ******* he was. Built like a wardrobe. Henry was injured but got chucked on as a desperate last throw of the dice. Couldn’t run. **** in the seat next to me screamed, “**** off Henry, what have you ever done?”

That was the night I fell out of love with football.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Big ******* he was. Built like a wardrobe. Henry was injured but got chucked on as a desperate last throw of the dice. Couldn’t run. **** in the seat next to me screamed, “**** off Henry, what have you ever done?”

That was the night I fell out of love with football.
    It was never a free kick in the first place, iirc.

2006-2007 season

Kinell. We'll all be dead soon...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Lot weaker side than last year - they like to let us play football. Not going to see that often

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Lot weaker side than last year - they like to let us play football. Not going to see that often
    Surprised you'd missed the fact that I'd mixed up our PSV defeat last year with the League Cup loss.

Though while it's great for us, I hate the way that CL money has changed footy. {I was shocked 20 years ago when I found out that Ajax would only get 20% of what we would for getting to a CL QF or whatever cos they have a smaller domestic tv market.}

They beat us last year and have to sell their two best players. Even though he got injured we spent 40mil on the best defender in the Dutch league as back up, replaced GX with a £65m former wunderkind who's already scored a CL final winner and despite keeping Partey and Jorgy spend 9 digits on Dec {having already added Leo as a squad player - who's better than the starry winger they had to sell.}

Not exactly a level playing field, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Surprised you'd missed the fact that I'd mixed up our PSV defeat last year with the League Cup loss.

Though while it's great for us, I hate the way that CL money has changed footy. {I was shocked 20 years ago when I found out that Ajax would only get 20% of what we would for getting to a CL QF or whatever cos they have a smaller domestic tv market.}

They beat us last year and have to sell their two best players. Even though he got injured we spent 40mil on the best defender in the Dutch league as back up, replaced GX with a £65m former wunderkind who's already scored a CL final winner and despite keeping Partey and Jorgy spend 9 digits on Dec {having already added Leo as a squad player - who's better than the starry winger they had to sell.}

Not exactly a level playing field, is it?
    Since you are keen for me to point our your mistakes ...

The really good one was Xavi Simons who was on loan from PSG, now at Leipzig. So they didn't see him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Since you are keen for me to point our your mistakes ...

The really good one was Xavi Simons who was on loan from PSG, now at Leipzig. So they didn't see him
    Ah, ok. So they beat us using a petro-state club loanee as well as the one they sold? Still shows what's wrong with modern footie. In the old days, clubs from NL, Swe etc could have a chance of winning. Now it's all financial doping - some legal, some not.