Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This place is AFTV

This place is AFTV

Lacking any kind of life when the team plays well and the results are good. I can almost sense the disappointment at the recent run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Lacking any kind of life when the team plays well and the results are good. I can almost sense the disappointment at the recent run of games.
    I don't think that's actually fair, AFC.

For example, Wes and I are happily chatting away about the +ves in our midfield options, which wasn't happening when we were losing.

I haven't said bring back Arsène and he hasn't blamed Aaron Ramsey. We're both quietly contended with the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I don't think that's actually fair, AFC.

For example, Wes and I are happily chatting away about the +ves in our midfield options, which wasn't happening when we were losing.

I haven't said bring back Arsène and he hasn't blamed Aaron Ramsey. We're both quietly contended with the progress.
    Ramsey is now available on a free, GG. And I think Juve would probably pay some of his salary

But AFC East is right. This place is pretty dead when we play well and then as soon as we don't win (it took all of two consecutive draws last time) you get Bunnell and Sir C and the rest of the Arsenal haters back here moaning endlessly.

The moaning I can live with, that's always been around. It's their absence when we do well that I find appalling. How can anyone not enjoy our last 10 games and still consider themselves an Arsenal supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Ramsey is now available on a free, GG. And I think Juve would probably pay some of his salary

But AFC East is right. This place is pretty dead when we play well and then as soon as we don't win (it took all of two consecutive draws last time) you get Bunnell and Sir C and the rest of the Arsenal haters back here moaning endlessly.

The moaning I can live with, that's always been around. It's their absence when we do well that I find appalling. How can anyone not enjoy our last 10 games and still consider themselves an Arsenal supporter?
    I could understand being angry after that 2-2 when our MFs both basically have away a goal. But you're right. In sum, it's been most enjoyable. I'm a bit gutted that our next game back is vs the Scousers, as having fought so well to get close to the CL places, a defeat puts the gap back to 5 pts. But if we had a Hammeresque miracle, we'd be in the places, I think.

Saka's been playing well with no luck. Auba hopefully got all of his cøck-ups out of his system this weekend, and we still won. And ESR is getting better with every game. A blond no.10 looking like Merse. So can he go beyond and get to DB10 levels?

Without our two supposedly first choice MFs, we still looked decent there. I'd love those two - Sambia and AMN - to crack on, esp if we're really gonna spend 70mil on a replacement for Laca. Though a youngish, world-class MF to play with Partey this summer would still be nice.

And I can't remember the last time we had such a settled and sorted back 5. We're all happy with all of them. Nuno looks great cover on the left. {And maybe AMN, knowing he's being given a chance in MF, would fill in at right-back if Tommy was injured. Though MA would probably want Callum given he can also shuffle across as a CH.}

And if Saliba can come and fit it, then we have the extra option, so we don't weaken too much if a 1st choice CH is injured.

We made five signings this summer and all are basically at least as good as we hoped they'd be at this stage.

I honestly can't remember the last time we bought that number of players - 3 for the starting XI and two as first reserve for their positions - and they all look good. And the age profile makes it even better.

This squad can grow together.

It's a pity that I think Pépé is basically finished with us. He won't get the run of games he needs for his confidence, he doesn't fit our 3 no.10s behind the CF new style, and Gabby M seems to be more to MA's liking. {We forget that he was making a difference when we turned it around on Boxing Day and thereafter last year.}

So yeah, there is joy to be had. I may moan when we play badly and drop points, and I may still miss Arsène but I'll praise MA and the team when we win and play well.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    In a way this place was the orignal AFTV apart from being in video form and on youtube. we missed a trick.

Also Awimb invented the way Hashtags are used to day #annoyed it's just the same as the smilies style thing we used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    In a way this place was the orignal AFTV apart from being in video form and on youtube. we missed a trick.

Also Awimb invented the way Hashtags are used to day #annoyed it's just the same as the smilies style thing we used to do.
    I think this place is currently worse than AFTV. I've seen some moronic cretins on there when we lose and equally I've seen Claude and the rest of them going mental when we win.

This place is dead when we're winning because one set of 'supporters' is seething with anger that they were wrong about sacking Arteta (Bunnell et al) and the other set are still bitter and twisted about Wenger being sacked and desperately hoping that it turns out badly for the club (Sir C, Burney et al).

The one thing they both have in common is a desire for us to fail for their personal satisfaction at having been right. It's really very sad.

I think this place is currently worse than AFTV. I've seen some moronic cretins on there when we lose and equally I've seen Claude and the rest of them going mental when we win.

This place is dead when we're winning because one set of 'supporters' is seething with anger that they were wrong about sacking Arteta (Bunnell et al) and the other set are still bitter and twisted about Wenger being sacked and desperately hoping that it turns out badly for the club (Sir C, Burney et al).

The one thing they both have in common is a desire for us to fail for their personal satisfaction at having been right. It's really very sad.
    It is possible to feel bitter about Wenger's sacking and to hate the owners while still wanting the club to win every single game, playing sexy Wengerball, scoring loads of goals full of sexy, one touch flicks and eye of the needle passes.

The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

I'd love it if in the next three years we could win the league unbeaten and to win the CL with the kind of skill that would make Peak Bergy look like my missus on K. But I'd still miss Arsène and hate the Kwonkees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It is possible to feel bitter about Wenger's sacking and to hate the owners while still wanting the club to win every single game, playing sexy Wengerball, scoring loads of goals full of sexy, one touch flicks and eye of the needle passes.

The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

I'd love it if in the next three years we could win the league unbeaten and to win the CL with the kind of skill that would make Peak Bergy look like my missus on K. But I'd still miss Arsène and hate the Kwonkees.
    'It is possible to feel bitter about Wenger's sacking and to hate the owners while still wanting the club to win every single game, playing sexy Wengerball, scoring loads of goals full of sexy, one touch flicks and eye of the needle passes.'

Yes, absolutely, GG. That is possible, and people that felt that way would still be on here celebrating the victories, and not completely misrepresenting the style of play.

Those that disappear during our victories are, sadly, not capable of that level of maturity.

'It is possible to feel bitter about Wenger's sacking and to hate the owners while still wanting the club to win every single game, playing sexy Wengerball, scoring loads of goals full of sexy, one touch flicks and eye of the needle passes.'

Yes, absolutely, GG. That is possible, and people that felt that way would still be on here celebrating the victories, and not completely misrepresenting the style of play.

Those that disappear during our victories are, sadly, not capable of that level of maturity.
    You have got a point, I suppose.

But the way, we've had quite a few sexy, one touch flicks this season - even more if you consider the league cup with Odey. But have we had any eye of the needle passes so far this year? When MO plays at 10, he's more of a pre-assist playmaker, while Laca is a withdrawn 2nd striker. Are there any I've forgotten? Some lovely flicks, some lovely one touch team goals, but none of those.

I guess that was the thing about Mesut. For all his myriad weaknesses, he really could spot and pull off those passes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not moaning. It's just I rather fancy a perfectly weighted eye of the needle through ball that gets finished first time. Oh, and a distinctly un-Wenger 25 yard top corner rocket. From open play, not a FK. Haven't had one of those in a while, have we?

You have got a point, I suppose.

But the way, we've had quite a few sexy, one touch flicks this season - even more if you consider the league cup with Odey. But have we had any eye of the needle passes so far this year? When MO plays at 10, he's more of a pre-assist playmaker, while Laca is a withdrawn 2nd striker. Are there any I've forgotten? Some lovely flicks, some lovely one touch team goals, but none of those.

I guess that was the thing about Mesut. For all his myriad weaknesses, he really could spot and pull off those passes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not moaning. It's just I rather fancy a perfectly weighted eye of the needle through ball that gets finished first time. Oh, and a distinctly un-Wenger 25 yard top corner rocket. From open play, not a FK. Haven't had one of those in a while, have we?
    Look at yourself in a mirror, you pathetic child.