Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Did I ever tell you guys about the time I did the stadium tour with Charlie George?

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I did the stadium tour with Charlie George?

After it had finished, my mate and me took a wrong turn down Queensland Road which is a dead end apart from the entrance to the car park for the stadium. As we walked down it, Charlie George drove out in his Range Rover, recognised us from the tour and stopped as he realised we must be a bit lost if we were walking down a dead end.

"Where do you need to get to boys?"
    "Erm, just back to Highbury & Islington tube station."

Now at this point we're made up, about to get a lift from Charlie George! Amazing seens.

So as my mate starts to go round to the other side of the car to hop in, Charlie goes

"Nah, you've come the wrong way then, come back out of here, turn left and follow it up until you get to the Holloway Road, turn left there and keep walking until you get to Highbury & Islington"

Then we wound up his window and sped off.

Fecking cheeky old git.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    After it had finished, my mate and me took a wrong turn down Queensland Road which is a dead end apart from the entrance to the car park for the stadium. As we walked down it, Charlie George drove out in his Range Rover, recognised us from the tour and stopped as he realised we must be a bit lost if we were walking down a dead end.

"Where do you need to get to boys?"
    "Erm, just back to Highbury & Islington tube station."

Now at this point we're made up, about to get a lift from Charlie George! Amazing seens.

So as my mate starts to go round to the other side of the car to hop in, Charlie goes

"Nah, you've come the wrong way then, come back out of here, turn left and follow it up until you get to the Holloway Road, turn left there and keep walking until you get to Highbury & Islington"

Then we wound up his window and sped off.

Fecking cheeky old git.
    By coincidence Charlie did the tour with me and master WES, still have a picture of the two of them together.

Surprised he drives a Rangie, Marve, he certainly didn't dress like someone who would! Charlie came across as someone who makes a few bob on the club and lives in a bedsit somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    By coincidence Charlie did the tour with me and master WES, still have a picture of the two of them together.

Surprised he drives a Rangie, Marve, he certainly didn't dress like someone who would! Charlie came across as someone who makes a few bob on the club and lives in a bedsit somewhere
    He might have "borrowed" it I guess. That would explain why he sped off quickly I suppose.

Totally agree on your summation of his life.