Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So if we beat Watford on Sunday, Man City beat ManU and Liverpool beat the Hammers

So if we beat Watford on Sunday, Man City beat ManU and Liverpool beat the Hammers

We will go into the international break in 5th, even on points with the Hammers for 4th place.

Onwards and upwards for the Gunners

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    We will go into the international break in 5th, even on points with the Hammers for 4th place.

Onwards and upwards for the Gunners
    If we're talking unlikely scenarios, why not go the full hog and say if West Ham lose 2-0 that we only have to win 9-1 to go into 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    If we're talking unlikely scenarios, why not go the full hog and say if West Ham lose 2-0 that we only have to win 9-1 to go into 4th!
    Alreet, Marve? Assume all is well with you and yours.

Um, which of those three outcomes would you describe as 'unlikely'?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Alreet, Marve? Assume all is well with you and yours.

Um, which of those three outcomes would you describe as 'unlikely'?
    All good here Wes, I trust the same for you.

You seem to have misunderstood slightly. Individually, all of your three scenarios are likely to happen. Indeed, from a betting perspective, they are all odds on favourite outcomes in those matches. However, the likelihood of ALL 3 happening becomes must less certain. Again, going back to the statistics provided by your favourite betting company, statistically for every 4 times those 3 games are played, all 3 would only go that way once. That's what, a 25% chance then? I think you will agree that as it is under 50% it is more likely to not happen than likely to happen. Therefore that is why I described it as unlikely.