Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup trend

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Did you never see Dennis Compton, red? Even Ted Drake turned out for Hampshire
    Is that true about Ted Drake? Wow. Just googled and read the Cricinfo page. Never knew that. Or that he managed the Chavs to the only league they won instead of bought. Or that he married a girl he met at the gasworks dance. His bowling average was 42 - same as his goals in a season record.

Auba's scored 8 in 9 so far, I believe. Would be great if he could score a goal a game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I like how Namibia dragged it out for 20 overs lol

Must’ve been torture for the Scots.

Meanwhile…Aussies win toss and batting 2nd…they know.
    Yeah - getting a bit repetitive now. Hope we win the toss tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Is that true about Ted Drake? Wow. Just googled and read the Cricinfo page. Never knew that. Or that he managed the Chavs to the only league they won instead of bought. Or that he married a girl he met at the gasworks dance. His bowling average was 42 - same as his goals in a season record.

Auba's scored 8 in 9 so far, I believe. Would be great if he could score a goal a game this season.
    I think Joe Hulme was another one - and Leslie Compton of course. I believe Tony Adams was a decent player - can't remember where I read that though. Must have been one of last allowed to play a bit before GG banned it

I think Joe Hulme was another one - and Leslie Compton of course. I believe Tony Adams was a decent player - can't remember where I read that though. Must have been one of last allowed to play a bit before GG banned it
    Actually - this is a good piece on the subject

http://www.thearsenalhistory.com/?p=9875

True. gpwm. Apparently we were even established as a cricket team before the soccerball took over.

Did you never see Dennis Compton, red? Even Ted Drake turned out for Hampshire
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Auba struggles to get his feet moving early on in his innings

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Cruel on the Afghanistanians there. Showed there Taliban fighting instincts for 38 straight overs.

Parkies needed 24 off the final two…Asif Ali smashes 4 sixes. Brutal.

They’ll be plenty of tears in Tower Hamlets tonight.

So the only anomaly so far was the West Indies but I don’t think they know how they won…Bangladesh blew it. Plain and simple.

Normally service resumed

Pakistan bat 2nd and win vs Afghanistan
    South Africa bat 2nd and win vs Sri Lanka
    And now England have decided to bat 2nd vs Australia o: