Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The toilet traders should be 2 or 3 up

The toilet traders should be 2 or 3 up

The deep line isn't working. Arteta needs to move them 40 yards up the pitch and really press them.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Clean sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The deep line isn't working. Arteta needs to move them 40 yards up the pitch and really press them.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Clean sheet
    Getting away with a nil nil at the Mighty Brighton. Thank God we humiliated our greatest ever manager for this.

I know it's "only" Brighton and Hove Albion, but i reckon our current manager will be quietly rather pleased with that point, especially as we didn't concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Getting away with a nil nil at the Mighty Brighton. Thank God we humiliated our greatest ever manager for this.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

That's an unfortunate feature of Wengers legacy; arrogance (lol. Auto-correct actually put "Africans" there).

Remember the embarrassing caviar/sausages quip? We lost the ability to appreciate a hard-earned nil-all draw at a wet and windy Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

I knew we weren’t going to win when the ref didn’t blow for a foul on Ramsdale…

In Rugby that would’ve been a sin binning.

Should’ve been a yellow and then another yellow when he fouled ESR late on…can’t believe VAR didn’t check that but wasted a minute checking there’s even though no one appealed for it.

-

Think Brighton overwhelming us at times was more a flaw in our 4231…probably should’ve gone 433 and have AMN in with Sambi & Partey from the start.

Also at some point I’d still like to see us try Pepe as the lone striker. No tracking back or tied to a wing…just let him off his leash.

-

Otherwise I’m still pleased…technically we improved again…that’s a game we easily would have lost in any of the last 11 seasons or so. I know Brighton had loads of chances but our defensive positions made it difficult for them to have clear cut easy chances….when they did get one Ramsdale was strong.

Right. If we want to keep on using the money excuse then we must find a different way to compete. Being really good at set-pieces, for example, and keeping clean-sheets.

Rather than, like in Spain, the whole league trying to fanny-dance like the top boys but without top boy players and then wondering why no-one but the top boys with money ever win the league

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I knew we weren’t going to win when the ref didn’t blow for a foul on Ramsdale…

In Rugby that would’ve been a sin binning.

Should’ve been a yellow and then another yellow when he fouled ESR late on…can’t believe VAR didn’t check that but wasted a minute checking there’s even though no one appealed for it.

-

Think Brighton overwhelming us at times was more a flaw in our 4231…probably should’ve gone 433 and have AMN in with Sambi & Partey from the start.

Also at some point I’d still like to see us try Pepe as the lone striker. No tracking back or tied to a wing…just let him off his leash.

-

Otherwise I’m still pleased…technically we improved again…that’s a game we easily would have lost in any of the last 11 seasons or so. I know Brighton had loads of chances but our defensive positions made it difficult for them to have clear cut easy chances….when they did get one Ramsdale was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. If we want to keep on using the money excuse then we must find a different way to compete. Being really good at set-pieces, for example, and keeping clean-sheets.

Rather than, like in Spain, the whole league trying to fanny-dance like the top boys but without top boy players and then wondering why no-one but the top boys with money ever win the league
    Quite. And had our greatest manager ever been able to realise this he might still be with us.

Sadly, he was too arrogant to change.