Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
I thought that was Auba's best lone CF performance since he's been at the club. Really held the ball up well and was winning headers from goal kicks and everything. The overall team performance again leaves a question mark over Pepe. As an individual he's a good player but I don't see him gelling the team together like Saka and EMR did yesterday. His game is far less direct and he likes to slow the play down and come inside with a lot of touches. The other two just want to get to the box as quick as possible with one touch passes and direct running. And it's clicking for them well with the Nordic fella.
Agree about Auba's performance - like Titi did when he played a lone CF in Europe. Maybe we need Titi in the stands every week.

re: Pépé. Again, I agree. I've written something very similar to you in a reply to Wes just this second.

I fear he'll wind down his contract and leave on a free, esp if Martinelli takes his chance when the time comes for a rest, rotation, injury or substitution.

So sad we wasted all that money on him - esp when Unai didn't even want him.

He reminds me of that other Ivorian winger we had, Gerv, who again didn't fit one touch no.10s Wengaball.

The way MO-ESR-BS combined was heaven. Just like the good old days. Which is why I want GX replaced with another no.10 but one who can play box to box like Santi. Or a PV4 - a Partey type who can destroy and create.

I wonder if Azeez or Patino will make it?

But you're right. We need the 3 No.10s behind Auba - like the AW years when we didn't win leagues but before it all went wrong.

3 of Cesc, Nasri, AA and TR7 behind RVP.