Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Somebody say something

Somebody say something

I am so boring these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am so boring these days.
    Something...
    Coming back to the UK for the first time since Dec 2019 tonight. I have a suitcase for clothes and a suitcase for paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Something...
    Coming back to the UK for the first time since Dec 2019 tonight. I have a suitcase for clothes and a suitcase for paperwork
    Craving real ale? I mean proper real ale Frimmers stylee - hand pumped from the cellar etc.

I assume everything in Naziland is lager more or less. Not that I've ever seen you shy away from lager.

I need some rental advice if anyone’s game…

My annual lease ran out on the 10th August but I indicated to my landlord that I would be leaving so he gave me an extra month to find a place and move out ie new leave date 10th Sept

Then I found a place, new landlord was happy, sent me all the reference forms to fill out, the draft tenancy to review and paid a holding deposit.

He told me the current person would be leaving on the 10th September so needed a couple days to clean the flat and paint it again so I can move in on the 13th September.

So I went back to my old landlord and asked him I can stay until the 13th September which they were fine with.

Then about a week ago right before I was due to get the final tenancy to sign I get a call from the letting agency to advise the landlord has decided to move his son into the flat so it’s no longer available and they were going to return my holding deposit.

Basically told me to F off.

So had to go back to my current landlord and explain the situation and he was okay about it and said if I find something I could leave.
    He said normally he needs 2 months notice but for me 1 month is fine. He knows I’m also looking at buying so need the flexibility. So this is good arrangement for me.

Then yesterday I get a call from the letting agency to let me know that the landlord’s son didn’t move in and the landlord is upset he treated me badly and wants me to move in now.

It’s a really nice place and cheaper than my current place but I think I should tell them to p iss off.

Any thoughts?

Whole things been a waste of time really.

Also I don’t get holding deposits…surely this should work both ways so if the landlord pulls out for silly reasons like the above then I get a payout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I need some rental advice if anyone’s game…

My annual lease ran out on the 10th August but I indicated to my landlord that I would be leaving so he gave me an extra month to find a place and move out ie new leave date 10th Sept

Then I found a place, new landlord was happy, sent me all the reference forms to fill out, the draft tenancy to review and paid a holding deposit.

He told me the current person would be leaving on the 10th September so needed a couple days to clean the flat and paint it again so I can move in on the 13th September.

So I went back to my old landlord and asked him I can stay until the 13th September which they were fine with.

Then about a week ago right before I was due to get the final tenancy to sign I get a call from the letting agency to advise the landlord has decided to move his son into the flat so it’s no longer available and they were going to return my holding deposit.

Basically told me to F off.ad his son isn't moving in.

So had to go back to my current landlord and explain the situation and he was okay about it and said if I find something I could leave.
    He said normally he needs 2 months notice but for me 1 month is fine. He knows I’m also looking at buying so need the flexibility. So this is good arrangement for me.

Then yesterday I get a call from the letting agency to let me know that the landlord’s son didn’t move in and the landlord is upset he treated me badly and wants me to move in now.

It’s a really nice place and cheaper than my current place but I think I should tell them to p iss off.

Any thoughts?

Whole things been a waste of time really.

Also I don’t get holding deposits…surely this should work both ways so if the landlord pulls out for silly reasons like the above then I get a payout.
    Take the new place. The landlord is most likely glad his son isn't moving in.

Yep - part of the plan

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Craving real ale? I mean proper real ale Frimmers stylee - hand pumped from the cellar etc.

I assume everything in Naziland is lager more or less. Not that I've ever seen you shy away from lager.
    Though I am wondering what it will do to my stomach. Wouldn’t knock German beer though