Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I checked, last 24 PL games last season the table was:

I was thinking a 433 with White, Lokonga and Partey would be pretty destructive imo

Would be pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I expect we extended him so that if we do sell him we can get something for him.

The extension I can understand, it's the not getting rid of him regardless of the offer I don't understand.
    2016 - Arsenal finish second. Buy Granit Xhaka at the end of May.
    2017 - 5th
    2018 - 6th
    2019 - 5th
    2020 - 8th
    2021 - 8th

Xhaka signs new contract...20th

I ain't saying there's a link to Xhaka being our midfield (ahem) general and our steep decline... No, I am.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    2017 - 5th
    2018 - 6th
    2019 - 5th
    2020 - 8th
    2021 - 8th

I ain't saying there's a link to Xhaka being our midfield (ahem) general and our steep decline... No, I am.
    And you're right to.

We needed a proper, Gilby style DM, not a deep lying playmaker who can't defend. We had Santi, Ozil and Alexis. We'd have been better keeping Coq and putting the Xhaka money towards an Auba type to take Olly G's place {with him staying as plan B} or a creative, goal-scoring right winger to replace Feo.

Xhaka's where it all went wrong. Yet we won't take the 10m from Roma and he's still at the heart of our MF with a longer contract.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    2017 - 5th
    2018 - 6th
    2019 - 5th
    2020 - 8th
    2021 - 8th

As much as I dislike him and don't understand how he is still in the team IUFG, I can't blame him nearly as much as the donkeys we have at the back right now.

I mean Calum Chambers? Wenger paid 16mil for that clown and all these years later we still haven't got rid of him. The mind boggles I, really it does.

Would've cost us about 40m to replace Xhaka, so can understand that we focus elsewhere. Hopefully we can spend properly on new CM & CF next summer.

And however sick and tired we are of watching him, he actually did pretty good last season when paired with Partey.