Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: GG, I'm convinced Odegaard can play next to Partey in 4231

GG, I'm convinced Odegaard can play next to Partey in 4231

not only on the ball does he have everything he needs, but he works off the ball as well. And he's more mobile than Xhaka. Mind you, Mona Lisa is more mobile than Xhaka

Alternatively, he could change it a bit and play 433

ESR Partey Odegaard
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

That's actually pretty tasty and very, very young. Now if only we had a decent back 5

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    not only on the ball does he have everything he needs, but he works off the ball as well. And he's more mobile than Xhaka. Mind you, Mona Lisa is more mobile than Xhaka

ESR Partey Odegaard
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

That's actually pretty tasty and very, very young. Now if only we had a decent back 5
    I really like ESR but I don't think we need to force him into the line up, I know he's number 10 now but I don't think he should be an automatic starter.

ESR Partey Odegaard
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

Wow, cheers, WES. Hadn't realised anyone had been listening to my rants on this all summer.

I'm not so bothered about the formation as long as the 6 you name are the front 6.

I'd be happy for ESR and MO to share the space between Partey and the front 3.

Can those two tackle enough?

If we've spent £130m and still have our MF based around a player who wanted to leave that Roma value at 10 mil, then Edu and MA can fück off.

If we have those six playing sexy, one touch Wengerball like a couple of the goals last night, I'll be happy and stop calling for AW to come back. All I want is sexy goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I really like ESR but I don't think we need to force him into the line up, I know he's number 10 now but I don't think he should be an automatic starter.
    Don't agree. Been the only bright spark this season {well, also Sambi.}

Was often the best player last. He's a DB style no.10. MO's more like the previous MO.

See above. I'm with WES. As long as we have the six he names starting when fit, then I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Wow, cheers, WES. Hadn't realised anyone had been listening to my rants on this all summer.

I'm not so bothered about the formation as long as the 6 you name are the front 6.

I'd be happy for ESR and MO to share the space between Partey and the front 3.

Can those two tackle enough?

If we've spent £130m and still have our MF based around a player who wanted to leave that Roma value at 10 mil, then Edu and MA can fück off.

If we have those six playing sexy, one touch Wengerball like a couple of the goals last night, I'll be happy and stop calling for AW to come back. All I want is sexy goals.
    Oh I've always agreed with you that the best football we've played of the last 7-8 years was with Santi playing there. I always thought Cesc played better there as well, never liked him nearly as much as a no 10. And I don't think you want two defensive players there, just someone with some level of commitment and awareness which I think MO has. And as we said, it allows us to have MO and ESR on the pitch. ESR is more of a no. 10 than Odegaard imo.

And we've scored plenty of sexy goals under Emery and Arteta, you're being slightly revisionist there GG. The latter Wenger years were filled with innocuous possession and plenty of pointless sideways passing. His Barca obsession got the better of him, I'm afraid.

Oh I've always agreed with you that the best football we've played of the last 7-8 years was with Santi playing there. I always thought Cesc played better there as well, never liked him nearly as much as a no 10. And I don't think you want two defensive players there, just someone with some level of commitment and awareness which I think MO has. And as we said, it allows us to have MO and ESR on the pitch. ESR is more of a no. 10 than Odegaard imo.

And we've scored plenty of sexy goals under Emery and Arteta, you're being slightly revisionist there GG. The latter Wenger years were filled with innocuous possession and plenty of pointless sideways passing. His Barca obsession got the better of him, I'm afraid.
    Agree with pretty much all of that.

If MO can drop back like Santi did, replace Granit and play with ESR, Saka and Pépé, there there is hope.

We have had some sexy goals. That Ceballos flick for Laca last year. Saka from MO's backheeled 1-2 was heaven last night.

We can't compete with City. They're too rich and too far ahead. Yes if we get a new generation of world class kids and every signing proves a winner in the PV4 TH14 mould, maybe. But it would still take a few years.

So in the meantime, just aim for Europe then top 4 and score sexy goals. I honestly don't care if we lose 6-0 to the likes of City or the Chavs as long as we're in the CL and we score goals like Jack's vs Norwich. {Or Saka last night.}

My wife my not be a millionaire, but she has the nicest tîts and eyes.

I’m convinced Ramsdale can play next to Partey.

Man be knocking it about like he’s Emmanuel Petit imo