Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Be prepared for years of this dross

Be prepared for years of this dross

it's beyond ****ed.

I really really don't understand what Arteta has over certain people and the pundits.
    I think he's really clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    it's beyond ****ed.

I really really don't understand what Arteta has over certain people and the pundits.
    I think he's really clueless.
    Everything looked pretty hopeless the day before George Graham arrived f. And Arsene inherited a team in steep decline without any direction. Both turned things round almost immediately.

The problem is that standards at the top are so much higher now. If the next Arsene came along with new and exciting tactics and found a pair of diamonds like Vieira and Petit, would that be enough to challenge? No, I fear it would not.

It might make the failure more watchable, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Everything looked pretty hopeless the day before George Graham arrived f. And Arsene inherited a team in steep decline without any direction. Both turned things round almost immediately.

The problem is that standards at the top are so much higher now. If the next Arsene came along with new and exciting tactics and found a pair of diamonds like Vieira and Petit, would that be enough to challenge? No, I fear it would not.

The team Wenger inherited squad wise was massively underrated. The spine was rammed with elite level players. Seaman in goal with a back 4 from Winterburn, Bould, Adams, Keown and Dixon. Bergkamp and Wright up front.

Fringe players from that squad like John Hartson would walk into the starting line up of the current team.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

We do have some talent that's for sure. I really don't understand the protection Arteta s getting.

They will stick with him. I hope it's not too long that they ruin young talents like Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Saka.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The team Wenger inherited squad wise was massively underrated. The spine was rammed with elite level players. Seaman in goal with a back 4 from Winterburn, Bould, Adams, Keown and Dixon. Bergkamp and Wright up front.

Fringe players from that squad like John Hartson would walk into the starting line up of the current team.
    As loathe as I am to agree with you, AAR, that back five, Razor, Wrighty and one Dennis Bergkamp sounds like an awfully good starting point to me as well

Not to denigrate Wenger's exceptional performance in the subsequent years, of course, but he started from a far better place than Arteta.

TBF, Arsène inherited a team with the best back 5 the world had ever seen {and a extra CH in Bould or Keown}, DB10 and IWWW.

All he needed to add was 2 MFs and an Overmars.

This team is useless and MA hasn't got a clue. Though if Auba rediscovered his sharpness and AW came back, he'd certainly get this group of players into the top 4 by the end of next season.

We don't have a RB. Willian, Mari and Cedric were woeful signings. He forced out Torreira, Gwendo and Mesut. He hasn't given Saliba a chance despite him doing well in France. The real problem was MF but instead we sign a CH and another no.10, who isn't as attacking as ESR, and he'll move ESR to the wings and stop Pépé's development when last season showed that when he gets a run of games, he starts producing.

MA has no management experience and wants to micro-manage the team to play like Pep. All creativity has gone. Edu just wants to take back-handers from his agent mates, and Kwonkee's still trying to work out if the goalie's the quarterback.

It's finished. I hope AFTV are proud of getting AW sacked.