Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We look a shambles at the back but that was a nailed on pen

We look a shambles at the back but that was a nailed on pen

And we look pretty good in midfield and going forward.

Does Tierney understand he’s meant to be playing LB?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I don't think it was. Neither player had advantage chasing that ball and Saka banged his leg into the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I don't think it was. Neither player had advantage chasing that ball and Saka banged his leg into the other guy.
    The only logic for it not being a penalty was that Saka never touched or controlled the ball. Which, frankly, is a nonsense according to the rules but I agree you tend not to get those.

And the 'he went down to easily' muppets haven't seen it clearly. James puts his leg across Saka which causes Saka to trip and then James pins his leg causing him to go down. It was a foul every time anywhere else on the pitch.

I don't know how you think we look good going forward. We haven't had a decent shot in 2 games. In fact if you plucked someone random from this forum and stuck them in the oppositions goal for those two games he or she would have kept two clean sheets.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I don't know how you think we look good going forward. We haven't had a decent shot in 2 games. In fact if you plucked someone random from this forum and stuck them in the oppositions goal for those two games he or she would have kept two clean sheets.
    We're playing without a striker, AAR, Gabi and the other lad have been anonymous up front. I like a lot of our build up play and we get in good positions. Not as clinical as we need to be once we get in and around the box but in part that is out of form players (Saka) and in part that is playing with no striker.

At the back we have been a shambles. Arteta deserves all the criticism he gets there. We seemed to spend the entire first half with no one marking James and there seemed to be no plan for helping Mari with Lukaku. Bizarre.

We look a shambles because we are.

Arteta's game plan appears to be, entirely, get the ball to Tierney or Pepe and get a cross in (despite not having a Giroud type player anymore). Which is great when it works (1/25) but ****e when it doesn't (24/25) especially on the left as KT will be out of position more often than not.

The opponents have worked this out. The fans have worked this out. The only people who appear to think it is some kind of secret, is the coaching staff.

When we can't probe the wing we go back, back, sideways and then to the other wing #horseshoeofdeath.

Predictable, ineffective ****e. And that is why Arteta is not the man.

Hassling the man in his car after the match is, however, abhorrrent.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I fear Mari will never be the same again…mentally broken beyond repair.

Going to laugh if he starts Maitland at right back vs West Brom…would he his 4th person at right back this season.

I need to rewatch Max Aarons…I must be completely missing something imo

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We look a shambles because we are.

Arteta's game plan appears to be, entirely, get the ball to Tierney or Pepe and get a cross in (despite not having a Giroud type player anymore). Which is great when it works (1/25) but ****e when it doesn't (24/25) especially on the left as KT will be out of position more often than not.

The opponents have worked this out. The fans have worked this out. The only people who appear to think it is some kind of secret, is the coaching staff.

When we can't probe the wing we go back, back, sideways and then to the other wing #horseshoeofdeath.

Predictable, ineffective ****e. And that is why Arteta is not the man.

Hassling the man in his car after the match is, however, abhorrrent.
    I would point to Saka's penalty appeal and ESR's shot which was blocked at the last second as two examples where this wasn't true. Where we worked well to get into a great position centrally. And that's after thinking about it for 10 seconds.

There were other examples as well. A 3 v 2 which Saka screwed up with a heavy touch also comes to mind. So stop talking sh1te, IUFG

So stop talking sh1te, IUFG

It's the main strategy, WES.

There was an example yesterday when ESR ran towards the box when he could have taken on the defender but chose to pass to KT who was marked. It would have been less risky to take the defender on or shoot. It is a managerial instruction.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It's the main strategy, WES.

There was an example yesterday when ESR ran towards the box when he could have taken on the defender but chose to pass to KT who was marked. It would have been less risky to take the defender on or shoot. It is a managerial instruction.
    Holding missing a sitter? Ball to the far post, nodded back by Mari, Holding misses a sitter from 4 yards out.

Another example

And working it out wide and getting it 'into the mixer' is hardly new or undesirable. As you suggest, it just needs to be balanced with playing centrally and it would be nice if we had the option on the right side as well. But for that we need a RB, something many of us have been screaming for for some time.

We created more than enough to score yesterday, we just need a striker and some patience as some players are out of form (Saka, Pepe)