Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We look a shambles at the back but that was a nailed on pen

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Holding missing a sitter? Ball to the far post, nodded back by Mari, Holding misses a sitter from 4 yards out.

Another example

And working it out wide and getting it 'into the mixer' is hardly new or undesirable. As you suggest, it just needs to be balanced with playing centrally and it would be nice if we had the option on the right side as well. But for that we need a RB, something many of us have been screaming for for some time.

We created more than enough to score yesterday, we just need a striker and some patience as some players are out of form (Saka, Pepe)
    www.premierleague.com/match/66352

Those chances come from corners?

Winning 9 corners whilst only having 6 shots suggests there were a fair few crosses.

Agreed, we need to mix it up. I also accept that Chelsea are 2 or 3 levels better than us at the moment, but we found it so difficult to play through midfield whilst they just cut through ours in the first half. They didn't even start Kante.

It is the predictability and slowness of our play that really stinks the place out imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I never known a manager anywhere where he's spent nearly 150m without improving the first 11. What is even more baffling is it's blantantly obvious this team needs a work horse center forward who plays with his back to goal and is prepared to sacrifice himself to bring Saka/ESR/Pepe and Tiereny into the game. Yet no sign of one coming in. It's not like we didn't have the money for this player either.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    www.premierleague.com/match/66352

Those chances come from corners?

Winning 9 corners whilst only having 6 shots suggests there were a fair few crosses.

Agreed, we need to mix it up. I also accept that Chelsea are 2 or 3 levels better than us at the moment, but we found it so difficult to play through midfield whilst they just cut through ours in the first half. They didn't even start Kante.

It is the predictability and slowness of our play that really stinks the place out imo.
    I have to admit that I am starting to have real doubts about the helmet haired one.

But we also need to be realistic. We had 9 players out, no strikers and have invested mostly in younger players recently as that is the strategy. And we were playing the CL champions and a team built on the back of Roman's billions. And there were long periods of play where we controlled the ball well and got into good positions.

I'm betting that if the entire game was played exactly as it occurred but Holding stuck that header away and Saka hadn't screwed up the 3v2 we wouldn't be talking about how boring or deliberate or predictable or sh1t our play was.

We do not look good going forward at all.

All we do is pass it to Tierney who crosses in to nobody. rinse and repeat.

Lakonga looks good.

I have to admit that I am starting to have real doubts about the helmet haired one.

But we also need to be realistic. We had 9 players out, no strikers and have invested mostly in younger players recently as that is the strategy. And we were playing the CL champions and a team built on the back of Roman's billions. And there were long periods of play where we controlled the ball well and got into good positions.

I'm betting that if the entire game was played exactly as it occurred but Holding stuck that header away and Saka hadn't screwed up the 3v2 we wouldn't be talking about how boring or deliberate or predictable or sh1t our play was.
    This new investing in young players strategy is rather new. latest gimmick from the club.

If they are so interested in youth then why did he bin off Saliba and Guendouzi, Nelson never gets a chance and we sold Willock.

but 12 months ago we signed Willian to a 3 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    We do not look good going forward at all.

All we do is pass it to Tierney who crosses in to nobody. rinse and repeat.

Lakonga looks good.
    https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1427223863734116352

When it works, we can't hit a barn door, of course! :facepalm:

Agree about Lokonga, our best player versus Chelsea.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    This new investing in young players strategy is rather new. latest gimmick from the club.

If they are so interested in youth then why did he bin off Saliba and Guendouzi, Nelson never gets a chance and we sold Willock.

but 12 months ago we signed Willian to a 3 year deal
    Raul signed Willian and got fired 2 days later

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    Raul signed Willian and got fired 2 days later
    No question there's been some baffling personnel decisions in the last few years. Selling Matinez at the top of that list imo.

But that's hardly new, is it? Even in Wenger's glory years when he was arguably the best manager in football there was no shortage of significant mistakes. You could say the same about that red nosed Jock c*nt up in Manchester i.e. Juan Veron.

Ultimately, this squad still looks pretty good to me, I see young talent all over the place. And they play hard for Arteta. The rest of it will take time. I'd still give him to the end of the season provided he doesn't lose the dressing a la Emery.

I'd still give him to the end of the season provided he doesn't lose the dressing a la Emery.
    the rumour that we are willing to listen to offers for Auba might be an indication that the dressing room is heading that way imo

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    the rumour that we are willing to listen to offers for Auba might be an indication that the dressing room is heading that way imo
    I am sure when he signed his new contract he wasn't expecting this crap. I suspect he was promised lots of things.

Was just over a year ago he doing the business in the FA cup now he looks terrible.