Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We look a shambles at the back but that was a nailed on pen

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    Raul signed Willian and got fired 2 days later
    Wouldn't be surprised that something dodgy went on with Saliba.
    Got to be more with his situation than Arteta not liking him.

Maybe there are more videos to emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised that something dodgy went on with Saliba.
    Got to be more with his situation than Arteta not liking him.

Maybe there are more videos to emerge.
    Yeah! I recall it being reported that Raul didnt include the board in some decisions which sounds about right.
    Many of the deals & contracts seem back loaded with bonuses and high wages, to get around KSE not being ready to invest in enough transfer fees. That makes players more difficult to sell and had us overspending on players like Torreira & Pepe.

We've been a mess for last 5-8 years but reckon this summer will set us up alright even though we might not feel like it, as its not as optimised for short term success as previous windows have been.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No question there's been some baffling personnel decisions in the last few years. Selling Matinez at the top of that list imo.

But that's hardly new, is it? Even in Wenger's glory years when he was arguably the best manager in football there was no shortage of significant mistakes. You could say the same about that red nosed Jock c*nt up in Manchester i.e. Juan Veron.

Ultimately, this squad still looks pretty good to me, I see young talent all over the place. And they play hard for Arteta. The rest of it will take time. I'd still give him to the end of the season provided he doesn't lose the dressing a la Emery.
    I agree! Reckon we might need another older head around the youngsters though.

Hope we can sell enough deadwood and get a good RB in before window closes.

Feel comfortable with the idea that we wanted Tammy (but couldnt get rid of Laca), I believe more in that profile of player than Auba or Laca. Gives us a clue what we might go for next summer in that position.

Biggest risk this season is injuries to few of the key players and that Auba really need to step up. A bit too much goal scoring responsibility lies with Laca & Auba atm I'm afriad. Perhaps a few of the younger guys can add some.