Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Years ago I would have thought playing football this bad would have been...

The problem for Arteta is that the more outlandish his excuses get the faster he’ll need to get results post Manchester City ie

Playing Brentford first up in their new stadium

Covid even though all players are double vaccinated

Injuries even though Partey and Gabriel were injured pre season

And now this gem…

Priti Patel because Odegaard don’t have his visa.

I think most people accepted the first 3 games would be difficult but it’s the lack of preparation and total disorganisation on the pitch that’s annoying….

He’s on some very thin ice imo

We could be heading into the NLD with just one win

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    WES is a joke. Last season when we lost 3-1 to Liverpool it started a 12 game run of 2 wins, 2 draws & 8 losses. A whopping 8 points out of 36 available. It was our worst run of form I believe since either the 60s or 70s.

"But at least the players play hard for Arteta" Jeez, I absolutely can't with this brain dead fool.
    The last 24 games of last season we had top 4 form. But 2 games in to this season with Covid running through the team and almost half our first 11 missing you want to sack the manager.

Yup, I'm the brain dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    impossible for Arsenal but here we are...
    Funnily enough in a few days it will be 10 years since we were destroyed 8-2.

Which in a way is to blame for today as we wouldn't have signed Arteta if that match never had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Funnily enough in a few days it will be 10 years since we were destroyed 8-2.

Which in a way is to blame for today as we wouldn't have signed Arteta if that match never had happened.
    I thought the 6-0 at Chelsea was worse. We had major injury problems at the Munichs place and at least we scored and looked threatening for much of the first half, as I recall.

At Chelsea we conceded early and the players simply packed it in. It was appalling.