Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are we going to get on against Chelsea and Man City then?

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    I heard someone say they've changed the rules a little for this season. And that maybe PL doesnt want for there to be covid stuff going on already in the first game. I dont know.

I think with food poisoning or normal illness they'd be able to play next weekend but if Covid they have to isolate and cant train, so therefore big doubts (as reported) for next game.

I dont believe we're benching them to try to sell them, but if we did and succeeded I wouldnt really blame Edu if he manages to improve that part of the pitch.

Yeah, I agree and hope so too. But am concerned we lack a bit too much of our spine (Gabriel, Partey, Laca or Auba) to be able to get results the coming two games. They're both CL finalists with a fantastic 100m signing each.

I reckon we'll play 3atb as niether Laca or Auba seem likely to be available. Maybe Saka & Tavarez as wing backs, with ESR, Martinelli and Pepe upfront.
    Chambers played a part in both of their goals and watching Tierney going forward makes you wonder how good we might be if we could do that on the right.

Lord but we need a RB. Not sure how that wasn't a transfer priority.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Chambers played a part in both of their goals and watching Tierney going forward makes you wonder how good we might be if we could do that on the right.

Lord but we need a RB. Not sure how that wasn't a transfer priority.
    Yeah, I really agree. I think its because we're stacked with Cedric, Bellerin, Chambers and AMN.

Appearantly Hakimi was a priority before the window but was never a possibility without getting CL football via EL.

Really hope we'll be able to get rid of Bellerin and 1-2 more and painful as it is I reckon it might be quite smart extending with Xhaka as it should give us a bit more room financially for RB this summer and CF next season (compared to if we'd spent 35-40m on a replacement CM and only got 12-15m for Xhaka)

4 our best performers came in 2 fa cup semi finals and finals vs top quality opposition with a back 3.

And for a couple of them it was difficult to pick the man of the match…so many contenders.

Got the very best out of Holding and Xhaka.

But for some reason this was all abandoned…first by Wenger then Arteta.

Looking at the squad now I think it would be an easy change to make now…could even try someone like Reece Nelson as the right wing back…seeing were so skint we can’t get someone decent like Max Aarons.

Also…and this is just me..but for my money Tierney goes from being top class to utterly world class whenever he’s played on the left hand side of the 3…but that’s just me.

Leno

White
    Gabriel
    Tierney

Nelson / Maitland / Cedric
    Xhaka
    Lokonga
    Tavares

Saka
    ESR

Pepe

Yeah I’m still gay for Pepe as a striker

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    4 our best performers came in 2 fa cup semi finals and finals vs top quality opposition with a back 3.

And for a couple of them it was difficult to pick the man of the match…so many contenders.

Looking at the squad now I think it would be an easy change to make now…could even try someone like Reece Nelson as the right wing back…seeing were so skint we can’t get someone decent like Max Aarons.

Also…and this is just me..but for my money Tierney goes from being top class to utterly world class whenever he’s played on the left hand side of the 3…but that’s just me.

Leno

White
    Gabriel
    Tierney

Xhaka
    Lokonga
    Tavares

Saka
    ESR

Pepe

Problem with three at the back is that it forces you to leave out one of Saka, Pepe, ESR and Boomerang.

Odegaard looks like he is coming which is excellent news imo.

Leno
    F*ck knows RB White Gabriel Tierney
    Partey Odegaard
    Pepe ESR Saka
    Boomerang

Would be my choice. Still don't understand how Gabriel fell out of favour, I don't recall him ever being bad and he's our most athletic CB. Alternatively he can play a more aggressive 433

Leno
    Odegaard Partey ESR
    Pepe Boomerang Saka

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Problem with three at the back is that it forces you to leave out one of Saka, Pepe, ESR and Boomerang.

Odegaard looks like he is coming which is excellent news imo.

Leno
    Partey Odegaard
    Pepe ESR Saka
    Boomerang

Would be my choice. Still don't understand how Gabriel fell out of favour, I don't recall him ever being bad and he's our most athletic CB. Alternatively he can play a more aggressive 433

Leno
    Odegaard Partey ESR
    Pepe Boomerang Saka
    I'd be bang up for that. But when he could have done that last year, he didn't. He moved ESR to the wings and played Odey at 10. When ESR is a much more natural, Bergy-style no.10.

If he does that again, and plays Xhaka in MF we've made next to no improvement this summer.

We have some really skilful players but MA's just crushing all creativity out of them. I don't think I've ever been this depressed about an up-coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Leno

White
    Gabriel
    Tierney

Xhaka
    Lokonga
    Tavares

Saka
    ESR

Pepe

Wenger played Nelson as a wingback at first and he looked alright there.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM