Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are we going to get on against Chelsea and Man City then?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Under no pressure by that point as already blown any chance of top 4. The one pressure game (Europa League) and they bottled it
    again, key players missing and Villareal are good (even if we would like to pretend otherwise when we're emotional and pissed at the manager)

And whether there was pressure or not in the league matters much less than availability of Odegaard, ESR & Partey for example. Without them we dont have the players to play through the middle.

Ramsdale and Sander Berge moves back on.

Wilder will be our next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    again, key players missing and Villareal are good (even if we would like to pretend otherwise when we're emotional and pissed at the manager)

And whether there was pressure or not in the league matters much less than availability of Odegaard, ESR & Partey for example. Without them we dont have the players to play through the middle.
    He's useless.
    He's also terrible at dealing with players. Especially the youngsters.

Saliba and Guendouzi bad managment.
    Martinelli could never get a game.
    Willian played every week and he was crap. when he actually started to play well Areta dropped him.
    Would never give Pepe a run of games
    he sold our best keeper who suited the style of play he wanted.

the amount of pressure on Saka and now Smith Rowe is ridiculous. He will ruin Smith Rowe at this point.

Now Lacazette and Auba are 'sick'
    I am not surprised Auba was shid last season. looks like a man who was promised a lot when he re signed his deal and was let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Ramsdale and Sander Berge moves back on.

Wilder will be our next manager
    Xhaka given new contract

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Xhaka given new contract
    If Xhaka is so amazing, why are not a load of clubs after him? and the ones who were offered peanuts?

Signing him to this new deal is another disaster. we are lumbered with him for years

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He's useless.
    He's also terrible at dealing with players. Especially the youngsters.

Saliba and Guendouzi bad managment.
    Martinelli could never get a game.
    Willian played every week and he was crap. when he actually started to play well Areta dropped him.
    Would never give Pepe a run of games
    he sold our best keeper who suited the style of play he wanted.

the amount of pressure on Saka and now Smith Rowe is ridiculous. He will ruin Smith Rowe at this point.

Now Lacazette and Auba are 'sick'
    I am not surprised Auba was shid last season. looks like a man who was promised a lot when he re signed his deal and was let down.
    He's terrible with players but our key talent loves him?

Saliba isnt ready.
    Guendouzi has too many touches on the ball, slows our game down and gets easily run past in midfield. He's also a stubborn child that seems to have been a dressing room problem.

Martinelli & Pepe are still too raw, they arent wingers that help us play well as a team (very evident the other day). They werent better at it last season. Arteta rates both but knows both needs work to improve how well they can play over 90min.

We have to demand more from Pepe than what he's been offering. Before spring last season he hadnt improved much with playtime he was given (under Emery as well), but was better towards end of the season.

Willian is more of a 10 type player and Pepe is more of a forward. Was more stylistic reasons why Willian played, and it was just as much Saka who played instead of Pepe (they're more similar except the latter takes the longest time to decide what to do).

Laca & Auba have covid.

Auba was poor after signing his contract. Worked harder before it, just like Özil.

He's terrible with players but our key talent loves him?

Saliba isnt ready.
    Guendouzi has too many touches on the ball, slows our game down and gets easily run past in midfield. He's also a stubborn child that seems to have been a dressing room problem.

Martinelli & Pepe are still too raw, they arent wingers that help us play well as a team (very evident the other day). They werent better at it last season. Arteta rates both but knows both needs work to improve how well they can play over 90min.

We have to demand more from Pepe than what he's been offering. Before spring last season he hadnt improved much with playtime he was given (under Emery as well), but was better towards end of the season.

Willian is more of a 10 type player and Pepe is more of a forward. Was more stylistic reasons why Willian played, and it was just as much Saka who played instead of Pepe (they're more similar except the latter takes the longest time to decide what to do).

Laca & Auba have covid.

Auba was poor after signing his contract. Worked harder before it, just like Özil.
    I though if you had covid it had to be reported to the FA?

quality of the squad has been a bigger problem.

Not sure that getting a coach that specializes in bad players would have been a better way forward.

We had top4 form the last 24 games of last season's PL, so with good players we've been alright.
    What does 24 games have to do with anything? We just lost our first game of the season so we should sack the manager!

You're wasting your time on here mate, this place isn't interested in rational, level headed views. We lost a game of Association Football so the manager should be sacked, sacked I say!!!

Arteta deserves another year at least. As you point out, he certainly hasn't lost the players, they play hard for him. We just need a bit more quality and some patience with the young players and the manager.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took points from both of the next two games. Arteta has shown the ability to set us up to take something from the top 4 clubs. The days of getting pasted 5-0 or 6-0 during the latter Wenger years seem to be - thankfully - over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I though if you had covid it had to be reported to the FA?
    I heard someone say they've changed the rules a little for this season. And that maybe PL doesnt want for there to be covid stuff going on already in the first game. I dont know.

I think with food poisoning or normal illness they'd be able to play next weekend but if Covid they have to isolate and cant train, so therefore big doubts (as reported) for next game.

I dont believe we're benching them to try to sell them, but if we did and succeeded I wouldnt really blame Edu if he manages to improve that part of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What does 24 games have to do with anything? We just lost our first game of the season so we should sack the manager!

You're wasting your time on here mate, this place isn't interested in rational, level headed views. We lost a game of Association Football so the manager should be sacked, sacked I say!!!

Arteta deserves another year at least. As you point out, he certainly hasn't lost the players, they play hard for him. We just need a bit more quality and some patience with the young players and the manager.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we took points from both of the next two games. Arteta has shown the ability to set us up to take something from the top 4 clubs. The days of getting pasted 5-0 or 6-0 during the latter Wenger years seem to be - thankfully - over.
    Yeah, I agree and hope so too. But am concerned we lack a bit too much of our spine (Gabriel, Partey, Laca or Auba) to be able to get results the coming two games. They're both CL finalists with a fantastic 100m signing each.

I reckon we'll play 3atb as niether Laca or Auba seem likely to be available. Maybe Saka & Tavarez as wing backs, with ESR, Martinelli and Pepe upfront.

It's all about trying to keep the defeats down to 3-0 so as to keep the confidence up for the league cup game.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM